Fontana

Jeff Rand

Just wanted to comment on the 3/25 race at Fontana. There were approx. 90 cars that paid $100 each (included a burger,fries and drink). A little pricey but the racing was from 4:00pm to 10:30pm and about 7:30pm they were waiting for cars to stage.
I thought it was well run and would sign up again. I did get to see a new red Viper (there were about 10 at this race) hit the wall and total out. The driver lost traction about the 60 foot mark and do a John Force with the gas pedal. He hit the front, then the rear on the K rail and that was all she wrote. Very sad to witness.
Jeff

Buick Race at LACR April 23,2005

Jeff, Hope to see you at LACR hearing your car is running. This event will not cost you $100 and also you have a chance at winning some $ in the bracket classes just go to the club web site bgnra.orgbgnra.org and print out a form fill it out and mail it back with deposit and we will see you there.

Thanks, Steve Hurst

I had a great time.

Every Turbo Buick that ran made at least one 10 second pass.

It appeared that we had the biggest group of cars and fans; about 20 people showed up to race or watch.

Jason Kramer was there along with Len Freeman.

A Viper hit the wall and another blew a tranny, while the rest ran 13.5's:rolleyes:

Phil

Buicks Rule Vipers drool

Jeff,

I didn't know the $100 included a burger, fries and a drink. I paid for mine out of pocket. Maybe I can get 2 next time if I have a receipt form the 25th. ;) Congrats to You, Reggie, Morgan and Rick on your 10 second runs. I can only imagine what the Viper guys were thinking. When they showed up it was probably along the lines of "We're so cool, we'll blow anyone away" when they left it was probably more like "Damn those old Buicks are fast". :) Are you guys going to the event in May?

Neal

I looked at the April 8th event list....to add to our mystique, no GN/TRs have signed up except for Tim and his Skylark. ("Geez, they come in one day, kill us, then disappear.... " ;) )

Vipers win a reprieve in April

Drip Pan,

The Vipers will breathe a sigh of relief when they see we're not signed up for April. We'll be back to further cement our reputation in May. BTW, you must have one of those "girdled" motors huh? ;)

Neal

Re: Buicks Rule Vipers drool

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Jeff,

I didn't know the $100 included a burger, fries and a drink. I paid for mine out of pocket. Maybe I can get 2 next time if I have a receipt form the 25th. ;) Congrats to You, Reggie, Morgan and Rick on your 10 second runs. I can only imagine what the Viper guys were thinking. When they showed up it was probably along the lines of "We're so cool, we'll blow anyone away" when they left it was probably more like "Damn those old Buicks are fast". :) Are you guys going to the event in May?

Neal
Neal, I did not realize that they added the May event. I just signed up along with Rick and Reg.
You should be solid into the 10's once you get the bugs worked out. I have a customer that is starting his own video business and he has agreed to generate a video for us in Vegas. I will try to get him out to the track in May.
Jeff

Jeff,

Glad to hear you guys are in. I talked to the "weasle" this afternoon and he led me to believe you had signed up. I'm hoping for a bit better outing this time. My 10.99@ 114 was a good start but far from what I was hoping for. I'm fairly sure I have my ignition problem figured out. I guess we'll see when we visit the track and turn up the boost. I think you're idea of a video sounds cool too. I'll definately buy a copy.

Neal

Well, I just signed on for the May event as well...the wife says she needs more seat time. :D

Morgan

LACR Race April 23

Just wondering if any of you guys are going to race at the Buick Test & Tune and Bracket race at LACR April 23, 2005 I'm still waiting on some replies Please help me out.

Steve Hurst, BGNRA