First time out with new setup

Maybe I missed it, but do you have braided brake lines? It's an $80 generic G body kit from Jegs...between the braided lines and S10 wheel cylinders, I can build some decent boost! Made a HUGE difference off the line
you missed it ...
hes trying to install a line lock and what he has trouble finding is a line to hook the master cylinder to the line lock so that its bolt in and go without cutting the stock steel line ...line locks arent to hold the brakes at the line they are to heat the tires up in the burnout and not heat the brakes up in the process.
sticky tires will hold more at line before they spin , if you push and the fronts are rolling you may find doing the front rubber brake lines helps , if you're sliding the fronts the backs brakes need more work

if the s10 cylinders /shoes and good bleeding/flushing with fresh fluid dont hold for him i agree the old rubber line at the axle should be replaced and the russel kit (listed as for monte carlos with 7.5 rear) fits and includes the rear line at axle to frame and the front lines to the calipers , kirbanperformance.com carries the kit as well

on the quick ..no extra parts ..the ebrake launch can work too (pushed withing reason)

Last edited:
you missed it ...
hes trying to install a line lock and what he has trouble finding is a line to hook the master cylinder to the line lock so that its bolt in and go without cutting the stock steel line ...line locks arent to hold the brakes at the line they are to heat the tires up in the burnout and not heat the brakes up in the process.
sticky tires will hold more at line before they spin , if you push and the fronts are rolling you may find doing the front rubber brake lines helps , if you're sliding the fronts the backs brakes need more work

if the s10 cylinders /shoes and good bleeding/flushing with fresh fluid dont hold for him i agree the old rubber line at the axle should be replaced and the russel kit (listed as for monte carlos with 7.5 rear) fits and includes the rear line at axle to frame and the front lines to the calipers , kirbanperformance.com carries the kit as well

on the quick ..no extra parts ..the ebrake launch can work too (pushed withing reason)

My mistake....carry on!

My mistake....carry on!
well you brought up a good point that he may need to address . 25yr old rubber lines can have broken braiding from flexing which will allow the inner liner to balloon and will cause a drop in pressure

well you brought up a good point that he may need to address . 25yr old rubber lines can have broken braiding from flexing which will allow the inner liner to balloon and will cause a drop in pressure

Those new lines definitely helped me out.

I installed the line lock the same time I made those upgrades, I didn't see that he was having trouble with the install.

Ok, installed the s10 cylinders, bigger shoes and line lock. On the street foot braking the car will make 6psi on the two step at 3000rpm. What is everyone else seeing for boost on the footbrake? Is this about right where I should be? I would like to build more if I could?

how much you can hold isnt always the brakes ..the converter has a lot to do with when it will push the car andwhen its still slipping on the converter

on my 86 . the brakes are all stock with vacuum conversion and i almost never foot brake . i tried in pits once and if i double step the brakes applying the line lock after first press to keep fluid applied at the front and then reapply brakes i can hold well past 10psi on sticky tires ,

the shoes will need some time to seat . after some driving i like to pull the drums and speed up the process by sanding down the shiny areas with 80 grit so they fit the drum better.

have you tried with the ebrake to see if that helps

Ok, it will build more boost with the E brake on too. Why is that? I sure hope it hooks at 6psi.