First ever alum GN rims. pics.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
First off. This is not photo shopped. After 23 years of people talking about wanting a light weight GN rim, it's finaly happening. I'm having a set custom made for my GN. They're at the paint shop untill next week. I'll get pics of them when they're done. The plan is to have them mounted on the GN for the big Bates Nut Farm Turbo Buick car show, in nine days.

My rims will be 15x7s on the front, with a 3 1/2" BS. Rears will be 15x8s with a 4 1/8" BS. Was told that 17s, 18s, and others were very doable.

A stock steel rim is about 28 lbs. This 7" alum GM rim is 16.8 lbs on my bathroom scale. That's 50 lbs off the wheels.;)

Every one of you guys is going to hound the crap out of me to know the cost of these things. I'm just going to say, "I'll let you know when I find out the total". So, save your breath.:tongue:

I'll send a link of this thread to my freind that's making these rims for me. You guys should let him know what sizes everyone's interested in. That way he can figure if it's worth, or not worth doing a run of rims to get the cost down.

These are some pics taken in my yard of the unpainted prototype, and doesn't do it justice.

So, with out further adieu...

The first ever aluminum Grand Natrional rim.
001 (2).jpg

002 (2).jpg

full

full

These rims will be going on this car.
003 (2).jpg

full

full

Happy Memorial Day weekend.:)

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Last edited:
:cool::cool::cool: Very nice is the painter putting black inserts? Tose are going to look awesome! No more center caps flying off. I dont think price is an issue for a rim like that. I paid 4k for mine now i wish i saw those.

I have to tell you those are very nice! They even look good without the paint! can't wait to see them painted and installed.

I forgot to say, I think I'd like them unpainted. :cool:

Yea,
It is kinda a shame to paint them. I hate to cover up nice work, but they are getting painted to look as close to a GN rim as we can. Black paint will even be a semigloss just like the stockers.:)

The joke going around my house the last day or two was, that I was going to sleep with that rim next to me in bed, and make my wife sleep on the floor.:D

Good thing that she was wearing somthing sexy, or I'd be in the dog house.:)

Mike Barnard