Finally made the 11s

Texas gn

Not the best way to do it but I knew it was coming. First run my 60ft time was a 1.7 @ 11.8 (Mph 116). The tranny was also flaring pretty bad in the second to third shift during that run. Well I decided that was enough for the night, for about an hour. Then I started thinking maybe I can get one more out of her. Grabbed the helmet and off I went, well I crossed the 60 ft. mark in 1.6 sec. just smoking a supercharged stickered up boss mustang. Then she shifted from second to third and the RPM went to 6300 and forward motion ended. I believe I was on my way to a mid 11 run on only 21 psi and a rich tune. I nursed her 60 miles home holding my breath the entire way.

Congratulations! Now get your trans fixed and go for mid to low 11's. I have to tout Lonnie Diers at Extreme Automatics. Contact him and you wont be sorry.

Low 12 seems to when a stock trans gives up the ghost. A couple of 11s and its done. At least all the ones I've seen have done that. Any who, congrats on the 11 pass.

Congrats.
That's when you know your starting to make some power. When you start breaking stuff.:) Don't go cheep on the trans or you'll be back.

Mike Barnard

Shouldn't need much in the trans. I don't even have much in mine. Just a Alto Red Eagle band and direct clutches, a heat treated forward drum, and a hardened stator support. Nothing else. Running a CK shift kit & servo (GREAT stuff!), Art Carr deep pan w/ 700R4 filter, and -6AN lines with an external cooler. I am running standard Dexron3 Mercon fluid. No problems yet.

Shouldn't need much in the trans. I don't even have much in mine. Just a Alto Red Eagle band and direct clutches, a heat treated forward drum, and a hardened stator support. Nothing else. Running a CK shift kit & servo (GREAT stuff!), Art Carr deep pan w/ 700R4 filter, and -6AN lines with an external cooler. I am running standard Dexron3 Mercon fluid. No problems yet.
Thanks...I will check into it. Might just go with an Extreme Automatic if i can get it by the wife....I will tell her it is a saftey item!

I think you wore that line out ;) Your safety part is being delivered this Saturday by the man himself .