Finally back running. Time slip and log attached. Suggestions please.

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
Saw some KR close to the shift points, but it also looks to be maybe a little earlier than that. Let me know your thoughts.

Running a 6.1 WB CHIP WITH 10.8 AFR IN 1-2 AND 10.5 AFR IN 3-4

The video started a little late, but here it is anyways.

Attachments

• IMG_6912.JPG
    IMG_6912.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 316
  • QuickSave.008.dat
    88.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
what's your set up? I can't see signatures on my phone if you've got it in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Budget 4.1 • ATR Billet Roller RP309G • 120lb injectors • Racetronix 450 pump with teflon line kit • Boosted Fuel Pump • TR6 Ignition • Accufab FPR • Turbo Tweak E85 chip 6.1WB • 6262 .63 Turbo • 3" RJC DP • Champion Ported Irons • 3" Test Pipe • Dutt Neck Stock IC • RJC Power Plate • 1" Champion Spacer • 3" CAI • Extreme Automatics Stage 2 2004R • 2800 NL Converter • Stock Rear end •

Nice run! Looks like you have a similar setup to mine.

A couple things I saw going through your log:
1. It looked like you kept the car in 4th gear? It shows a shift to 4th and your RPM went down.
2. Your BLMs ramped up at the end of your run to almost its max...155. Your ECU / chip is throwing everything at it to keep your AFR at 10.5. Is 10.5 too rich a setting?

Just some things that jumped out at me.

I'm not sure, if I am too rich or not. If I knew that the KR was from the shifts for sure I would have leaned it out a little. Should I just leave it in 3rd instead of letting it shift into 4th?

Thanks for the help.

Most folks leave it in 3rd gear for the whole 1/4 mile run. My best so far is in 3rd gear: 11.3 at 120.

Out of the box, I believe that Eric has the 6.1 chip at 10.8 AFR for both 1-2 and 3-4 gears. That is pretty safe. In addition, you are running E85 so you have a level of safety. I have changed my AFR to 11.0 since I am also running E85.
Your knock is minimal (2.3 KR peak) for a short duration (1.5s). The 4 peaks in a row is a little unusual which leads me believe it is mechanical in nature or you are getting knock from being too rich. My guess anyways.

Your Block Learn Multiplier (BLM) looks off to me. It looks good at idle (128) but then ramps from 115 to 153 in the last 6 seconds of your run and shows no sign of ramping down.

your run 1.jpg

If it were my car, I would check the culprits listed here:
https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/high-blms-are-caused-by.297690/

Other than that, rock on. Your voltage looked great, your injector dutycycle was good.

I might try turning the AFR up and do some test runs. Thanks for the input!

I would do some reading/searching in the e85 section to develop a feel for timing and AFR. In my opinion you want zero knock. Your combo has a lot of potential, and the more you turn it up, the more damage the knock will do. Back the timing off to 20, and start leaning it out a little. I am sure you can get a target AFR idea from the e85 section. The other thing to remember is unless you have verified that your timing zero mark on the balancer is #1 at TDC and that your timing is correct you don't know for sure that 23 BTDC is 23 BTDC. And your wideband may not be right on either. Get the car in a conservative no knock tune and go from there. That way, even if you have some variance in timing or AFR, you are starting from a solid point.

How long was it not running? You might have an injector gunked/clogged up and leaning one cyl. Blew a HG in 94 with a stock inj that was messed up. Was always adding fuel while driving and it gave up on a wot blast. The KR wasn't present before the down time? Like said above pull a lil fuel and pull timing and see if knock goes away.

It was running the whole time, but I was battling transmission issues. It's been drove a very little bit the last 2 summers. I will try the suggestions and report back. Thanks everyone for the help.

Well today I was out testing and watching the BLM. This is an issue I haven't dealt with before where do I start, because my FPSI and Inj DC are both in range.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 2.24.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-17 at 2.24.52 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
Calibrate your wide band and see if that helps. It might be off and adding fuel. Back the boost down while trouble shooting. 25# makes things pop real quick.

Thanks for the heads up. I will look to see how to calibrate the WB.

When you say calibrate the WB do you mean the AEM Gauge or the Powerlogger?

You probably have to add wide open fuel. I don't know how the 6.1 chip works, but you start out way lean and the chip is adding fuel to hit your target at WOT. If you add roughly 20 to 25% fuel at wide open throttle, the BLM correction will come way down.