Final THS Rules for 2010

Can you clarify what you mean by a bolt in harness bar? Is that part of your roll bar?

Thanks, Kip

That looks like something you hang your clothes on for a long trip. I wouldnt want my 5 point harness on that thing.
DDay

Can you clarify what you mean by a bolt in harness bar? Is that part of your roll bar?

Thanks, Kip

This is the exact 4 point bolt in bar listed by this mfr:
NRG Innovations

I don't plan on racing competitively every weekend, I don't have a transbrake, it's understalled-TE45a with 3000 stall, but would be fun to be able to go heads up with similar 3/2 turbo'd Buicks.

When I was painting the car, I had everything out, including the boxes for the retracting mechanism to see in behind the quarter panels. I found the sheetmetal box flimsy. My oem seatbelts were also ragged, coming apart and didn't inspire confidence. So, I did what a lot of Corvette/Porsche guys do, reinforce some mounting points and bolt in a harness bar for a harness and also to mount cameras for replying their road course runs.

Here you can see the tiny attachment (the rusty round nut thing) for the factory seatbelt. I guy I went to high school with had his fail to lock on impact and he got messed up bad in an accident.

25fukbh

My solution was to beef up behind the bottom mounting point on the sheetmetal down where the rear seat side is. Also used the factory mounting holes up top since the pillar seemed pretty beefy there already. It was a 47" bar built for a Civic, fits perfectly and the paint is almost a 100% match to the '09 GM Cyber Gray I painted the car. It really made the car body tighten up, if I raise one side of the car the other side goes up the same distance, before the other side would not leave the ground, it would twist.

Here's the seats, in the spirit of a GN gray/black scheme in microfiber suede.

2d9u8jj

You can see the door panels have no pull straps either, I think it looks cleaner.

2buapqs

I'm going to try to make the engine compartment appear as stock as possible, going back to internal wastegate I think. I am going to repaint the V4 and I have a replica AirResearch badge to put on it to make it look like a dutt neck stocker at first inspection...

That bar looks much better than the link Kevin B posted. Looks like you are geared towards road course stuff.The door panels look very good. Come have fun in THS.
DDay

TurboTnZ06, Thanks for sharing the pics of the interior/ bar. From what I see the only issue that comes up is the radio hole being open.

Hope that helps, Kip

TurboTnZ06, Thanks for sharing the pics of the interior/ bar. From what I see the only issue that comes up is the radio hole being open.

Hope that helps, Kip

Yeah I will put a radio in it, I will be driving the car so tunes is a must have. Probably pick up a cheap alpine head unit with an iphone cable link like I have in my Zo6.

Yeah I will put a radio in it, I will be driving the car so tunes is a must have. Probably pick up a cheap alpine head unit with an iphone cable link like I have in my Zo6.

Are you going to try to make any of the races this year? I think the car will get alot of attention.

Take care, Kip

Are you going to try to make any of the races this year? I think the car will get alot of attention.

Take care, Kip

I would like to make a couple races. My engine let go a couple days before the Nationals, even though I worked 12 hours days at work and then stayed up late at night replacing a broken rocker shaft and finishing up getting the interior and trim all back on to drive it the 800 miles. Too bad metal went all through the engine from something (POS PF1218 filter I think, but haven't cut it open yet). I'd like to get the new engine (Don Cruz is building it :biggrin: ) in and possibly upgrade the fuel system in time for Reynolds at the latest. I'll only be able to go as fast as a walbro 340 and 60# injectors can take me right now. This car has been an ongoing restoration project, I've only put 2 tanks of gas in the car since the summer of 2008. It should go pretty quick with a DLS stroker, GN1's, ported intake, 210/210 roller...

can i run e-85 in ths

hi i was wondering if i can run e-85 in THS and also use TA performance mild steel headers in this class thanks racin jason:cool:

thanks

thanks i went to norwalk car wasnt running great 11.20 when is bowling green i would like to compete in ths car is running 10.60 consistent know :cool:

If I could make a request.... from someone potentially wanting to get in the class at some point....... is to allow HB brakes. It is of no advantage over a working PM system..... just more reliable IMHO.

Hb brakes are fine. I saw at least 2 cars with them this year racing ths.

I figured it was a formality..... however.... it does not say HB is allowed. It mentions manual, powermaster, and vacuum as OK. I just figured Kip should consider to make that clerical change if he is tweaking the rules anyway.