favorite turbo for stock heads and cam?

HouTX87

So tax time is coming and I'm thinking about shopping for a turbo soon for my blue car. Thought about having the Garrett housing machined for this freebie 58mm turbo I have but now I've been looking at the ta6262 for stock appearance. Possibly even upgrade to ball bearing. Or maybe order something custom from bison. I have a husek 3021 converter 2800-3000lu ready to install. All the usual upgrades. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I'd like to run mid 11s at 25psi but it's mainly a street car.

Throw your 58mm on there with a .63 housing.bet it wakes right up and runs mid 11s all day long.i like the smaller turbos on the stocking combos with the boost up.there are a ton of fun due to the fast turbo response.

1. Mfs 60-1 wheel from bison, 2. te-44 w/garret, 3. cpt60 from jack

I wouldn't go bigger than 60mm on a stock headed/motored car.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have a TA49 and dont know alot about turbos , what would be an upgrade , turbo wise , and help my set up ?

My pte6262 ran great, spooled great and ran high 10's at 124+. Stock heads and cam. Went 128 first pass after champion irons and a roller. Convinced it would have gone 130+ with more time and tuning. Stepped up to a 6766.

My pte6262 ran great, spooled great and ran high 10's at 124+. Stock heads and cam. Went 128 first pass after champion irons and a roller. Convinced it would have gone 130+ with more time and tuning. Stepped up to a 6766.
So you think with what I have with an a 6262 I could dip into the 10's ?

I have a TA49 and dont know alot about turbos , what would be an upgrade , turbo wise , and help my set up ?
Everyone is going to ask you what your setup is, what are your goals, and what's wrong with your 49...It's a mid 11sec turbo. I'd start another thread to be fair to the op

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Everyone is going to ask you what your setup is, what are your goals, and what's wrong with your 49...It's a mid 11sec turbo. I'd start another thread to be fair to the op

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Your right , My bad . Sorry OP

Depending on your mods I've seen TA49's go well into the mid 11's. It's probably maxed out but will get you there.

I'm sure it's possible with supporting mods, I've seen 11.20-11.30's and a better 60ft they might have gotten there but you are for sure maxing out that turbo. What was your boost?

I'm sure it's possible with supporting mods, I've seen 11.20-11.30's and a better 60ft they might have gotten there but you are for sure maxing out that turbo. What was your boost?
All of it :Dthe tune was very aggressive and everything else must be working together,most guys don't max their turbos and get all of it to the ground.

I run a TE60 and I'm just starting to get it dialed in. I went 11.55 at approx 26-27 psi. It really becomes a different turbo above 24psi. Not sure how much more is left in it.

So tax time is coming and I'm thinking about shopping for a turbo soon for my blue car. Thought about having the Garrett housing machined for this freebie 58mm turbo I have but now I've been looking at the ta6262 for stock appearance. Possibly even upgrade to ball bearing. Or maybe order something custom from bison. I have a husek 3021 converter 2800-3000lu ready to install. All the usual upgrades. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. I'd like to run mid 11s at 25psi but it's mainly a street car.

Im in to hear more answers as well. Turbo, IC and DP are my next round of parts to buy. Where in Houston are you?

P1000347.JPG With my 1987 Limited, have run many 11.40- 11.50's and best of 11.36 - 114 MPH - 7.20 - 94 MPH 1/8 TH - 1.54 60' with a 1990's John Craig TA-49. Unopened motor, just valve springs. max. 23 lbs. boost. 110+ octane .

Last edited: