Fan Controls

Charles Young

C Young
Some time ago I completed the high speed fan switch mod per gnttype.org as described below:

The switch will ground the High Speed Fan Relay regardless of engine temperature. To install, run a wire from a ground location to one end of the switch and run another wire from the other end of the switch to the Green wire with a Yellow stripe going from the High Speed relay to the temperature switch connector (which is vertically mounted on the intake manifold just to the right of the thermostat inlet.) You can splice into the wire at any point. The fan will continue to run as long as the switch is in the On position, however, if you leave the switch On when you shut the car off, the fan will continue to run in the high speed mode for approximately ten minutes.

Then later I installed Intrepid dual fans and used the plug and play harness from Casper's that comes with relays. Now my high speed fan mod no longer works and I cannot turn the fan on when I want to. I haven't been able to figure out all the wiring implications of using the new harness but is it safe to say my switch no longer works because of the new harness configuration? If so, how can I fix it so the switch will turn the fans on?
Thanks!

Casper's harness runs both fans at once from the low speed wire. I don't think the high speed wire is in the equation anymore. So you would probably have to ground the low speed wire or one of the wires in Casper's harness. Might be best to call John to find out which wire to ground.

Last edited: