Fabricated Differential Housing with Raised Upper Mtg Pts - TR Internals (Gear/axle)

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I'm wanting a fabridcated differential with raised (1") upper control arm mounting points but I want to use my TR Moser axles & posi, GM gears and bearing supports and, of course, my Baer disk brakes. I see fabricated housings for Ford 9" differential but not for our TR differential internals.
Conrad

Am I the only person that thinks this is a good idea?
Conrad

You can get a 12 bolt made that is larger so it will do the same thing Conrad. Offset bushings are available as well so you can change the IC on the car fairly easily.

Mike Nelson made a kit for that mod. It fits on the stock hsg. Called a G-RIP, as I recall.

Chuck,
I looked at a 12 bolt and a 9" differential but the cost is killer, shipping is a bear, and I would have to sell my differential for cheap. All this is expensive and a hassle. I will google "G-RIP" and see what pops up.
Conrad

i have a dick miller racing bolt on 4 link kit and like it, has no hop type bars and crome moly upper and lowers, springs, braces, urethane bushings,etc. check out his website,good luck ,rob

Conrad,

What do you think about this setup that lowers the front upper mount locations instead of raising the rear upper mounts? He is a member here also.

baselinesuspensions.com

I think it is much easier to fabricate a axle housing for a drop out style rearend over our housing style.

Mark,
I would agree with you but that is not what I want.

VIN7,
That is not the best solution according to my suspension guru (HRParts owner).
Conrad