Ever wonder how far 160lb injectors go on E-85?

No MAT temp data, it looks like a sensor is in the passenger rear plenum?

No MAT, Manifold Air Temperature, when the sensor is in the plenum it's recording Manifold temps, when it's in front of the TB it's IAT. It looks like the sensor is in the rear of the plenum so that's why I said MAT, but the readings are usually the same so no biggie.

I ask because most likely you're 15% over ambient temps which means you could try Meth to help lower the MAT and add fueling to give some headroom to your fuel system. Then turn it up and break the 1k HP barrier. :D

BTW, I noticed you don't run a Maf pipe and you mentioned it's a street car, is that V Band lip screened? Or is it like this one the Supras run?
VECCO HIGH PERFORMANCE (scroll down a bit)

No MAT, Manifold Air Temperature, when the sensor is in the plenum it's recording Manifold temps, when it's in front of the TB it's IAT. It looks like the sensor is in the rear of the plenum so that's why I said MAT, but the readings are usually the same so no biggie.

I ask because most likely you're 15% over ambient temps which means you could try Meth to help lower the MAT and add fueling to give some headroom to your fuel system. Then turn it up and break the 1k HP barrier. :D

BTW, I noticed you don't run a Maf pipe and you mentioned it's a street car, is that V Band lip screened? Or is it like this one the Supras run?
VECCO HIGH PERFORMANCE (scroll down a bit)

I'm not sure what the inlet temps were. I never asked, but I'm not concerned about it because I've got a good intercooler on the car and this combined with the cooling effect of e-85 is more than sufficient.

Personally, I'm not into using a Meth system on my cars (in fact, I have one sitting on my shelf that I took off my Evo as soon as I bought it... you can buy it if you like:)). I'm just not a fan because I don't want to add something else to the system, especially something that if it fails will mean I buy a new engine. But that's just me. I like to keep it simple. Additionally, the way I plan to use this car it doesn't really need even one more horsepower. Its already ridiculously fast for the street.

Yes, the inlet is the same one the Supras use.

Well, an ignition problem has crept up... It is now breaking up under boost. On the street the car actually makes more boost than it did on the dyno. I'm seeing 23-24lbs.

I'm really thinking that this ignition is marginal for this combo on e-85. I'm going to load my other gas tune in the car, put some race gas in it and see if it will pull cleanly again.

It might be that the coil pack is going bad, but before I throw parts at it I'll just try different gas first.

How old is your module, coilpack, wires and plugs then?

Curious what plugs you run anyways?

Bob Baileys COP is really ideal for an engine like yours, you'd be that car gaining 60whp at 30psi with it. ;)

How old is your module, coilpack, wires and plugs then?

Curious what plugs you run anyways?

Bob Baileys COP is really ideal for an engine like yours, you'd be that car gaining 60whp at 30psi with it. ;)

link for Baileys COP?

Aeromotive Pro Series pump. -12 feed with -10 to the front of the car.

The converter is a Neal Chance bolt-together.

I asked about this and he said that he doesn't use the tach pickup on a sparkplug wire for higher horsepower cars because the data gets skewed. He gets the car rolling to 3000rpms then calibrates the dyno for the pull. I'm sure that the rpm number shown isn't accurate.

In talking to others about this I'm told that this would produce an accurate HP number but a skewed torque number. I really don't know...

All I know is that the real story here is that it used up 160lb injectors which will tell you how much power the engine is making based on fuel consumption alone. And after driving this car I have no doubt this car is an easy low 9sec car to high 8s.

I've driven alot of fast cars, most of them my own (including my mid-7sec Mustang), and my butt dyno is usually pretty accurate.

See above.

actually its the other way around-------torque is actually measured by the dyno and HP is calculated based on the torque at any given RPM---------

actually its the other way around-------torque is actually measured by the dyno and HP is calculated based on the torque at any given RPM---------

OK, so it made 900ftlbs of torque... I really don't care at this point. I just know its going to whoop some azz this summer:wink:

Just want you guys to know we figured out the problem. I'm too embarassed to tell you what it was. brain fart.

It happens, I'd still consider COP for a Monster engine like yours since you're gaining power through efficiency which is like, FREE HP. :D

Though it might run $1k when you're done. :frown:

Leave a plug wire off? :biggrin:

Honestly? I have a MSD DIS4 on the car to give the coil pack some extra heat. During the course of chasing down what I thought was some valve float I had turned the rev limiter on this unit down to 6200... and that's what I kept hitting. I couldn't see it in the DFI software because I hadn't touched the limiters in the software at all. Duh.... Turned the DIS4 limiter up to 7500 and the thing will rev right to it now!

It happens, I'd still consider COP for a Monster engine like yours since you're gaining power through efficiency which is like, FREE HP. :D

Though it might run $1k when you're done. :frown:

Sounds nice, but I'm going to keep what I got on there for now. Its working good now.