Engine Oil Retention Device

I'm just trying to inspire others to do some creating of their own. All it takes is some effort to learn the different skill sets involved. For the right person, it's very rewarding.

I wish I had a mig and or tig welder, lathe, Bridgeport......................the list goes on, oh and a place to actually put that stuff. Right now I'm stuck with resin and fiberglass and a sister and brother-in-law that always bitch about everything I do :rolleyes: :mad:. You definatly inspire me Don, but unfortunately inspiration wont buy me a tig :tongue:, oh well at least I still look good :biggrin:

I wish I had a mig and or tig welder, lathe, Bridgeport......................the list goes on, oh and a place to actually put that stuff. Right now I'm stuck with resin and fiberglass and a sister and brother-in-law that always bitch about everything I do :rolleyes: :mad:. You definatly inspire me Don, but unfortunately inspiration wont buy me a tig :tongue:, oh well at least I still look good :biggrin:

I had all those things once and plan on having them again. Just not right now.:frown: I did find a cheap TIG at Harbor freight that I'm thinking about for now though. Less than $400 and it will weld up to 3/8" steel with a single pass if you're looking for one.

I had all those things once and plan on having them again. Just not right now.:frown: I did find a cheap TIG at Harbor freight that I'm thinking about for now though. Less than $400 and it will weld up to 3/8" steel with a single pass if you're looking for one.

How long will it last? I baught a air powered reciprocating(sp) saw and the thing wouldnt even cut my bumper filler :eek:. it might of had the wrong blade or it could just have too short of a stroke.

After testing the oil retention device last night, and yes, I did put it through the ringer :biggrin:, I found an interference problem when I crank the wheel all the way. The inner tie rod ends are contacting the front edge of the tray. Easy enough to take car of. Just a little trimming to do.

How long will it last? I baught a air powered reciprocating(sp) saw and the thing wouldnt even cut my bumper filler :eek:. it might of had the wrong blade or it could just have too short of a stroke.

We've got a Harbor Freight MIG right now and it's been going strong for about 6 years so far. Granted we don't use it every day but I'd say we got our moneys worth out of it.

We've got a Harbor Freight MIG right now and it's been going strong for about 6 years so far. Granted we don't use it every day but I'd say we got our moneys worth out of it.

I might have to try one out :cool:. Sorry to get off topic Don, I dont want to steal your thunder.

I might have to try one out :cool:. Sorry to get off topic Don, I dont want to steal your thunder.

The topic of any thread I start in this section is 'making your own stuff'. You're not off topic, as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't even think about it being a hijack Donnie. I guess you're right if it helps someone else do fab work. Cool.