Electrical ?s: VSS & Interior Lights.

motorhead

motorhead mike
This is me right now -> :eek:

It seems that during my dash Re & Re I have misplaced, or cannot find, the correct connector for the "little-mint-green-box" that comes off of the back of the gauge cluster. There is one unused female connector under the dash with an orange, a black, and a brown wire attached to it.

Any ideas?

Lastly, I lost all of my interior lights... the in-dash lights still function, however the underdash lights and my lighted rearview have gone out. I think that something shorted during the shuffle... is this a fuse issue??? I checked all of the 20s and the 30 in the fuse block and found nothing out of sorts.

Where should I be looking?

Note: I have a Helms manual for the car, BUT! It is missing some of the Turbo Regal specific information :rolleyes: Plus reading wiring schematics at 1am is not a wise thing to do :eek:

Thanks,

Mike.
The Vss module (little mint-green box) will have 2 connectors on it. One will be a white 3 wire unit (pink with black stripe, brown, and black with white stripe) the other will be a black connector with a red wire (cruise control)

Can't help you on the lights issue.

Paul

Cool. Thanks Paul. And here I thought that red wire was for the factory radio... glad I didn't make it fit. :eek: Worst case: You can crawl under there and look for me tomorrow. ;) LOL

Somebody here has to know about the lights. Now pipe up! :mad: J/K :D

The clk-cig fuse will blow if the cig lighter is bad. That will knock out your seat, door locks and interior lights. If memory serves me correctly, it's a 15a. Happened to me once; I quit using the cig lighter afterward and all is well. Carry a Bic.