Edelbrock Throttle Body Elbows

KWIKR 1

know of anyone running these Edelbrock low profile Elbows (#3848 , #38483 ) ? Not the Ultra low ones . seems alot are getting real good results on turbo engines and they are decently priced .

according to Edelbrock "These elbows were developed by the Edelbrock engineering team using the latest in Computational Fluid Dynamic software" . They also have a internal divider to optimizes flow distribution .

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/misc/company/10pdf/160.pdf

Attachments

• 10240821322.jpg
    10240821322.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 409
  • Coldside.jpg
    Coldside.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 454
no... this is NOT my engine for those who have asked . it was just a online engine pic that I found that showed the elbow very nicely IMO . :D :) I'm also think and hope mine will look nicer than that one shown when I eventually get it finished . to begin with it will be a Chevy and will have two turbos not one . :) :D

Well I bought one , got a smoking deal on a new one from Ebay . Should work well for what i have in mind . :) spoke and emailed a number of people and everything I could find out about them was very positive . :) alot of of boosted Mustang guys running them as well . .

which one did you end up with?

I myself want the ultra low low one, but im concerned about its length...

do you have this unit on your buick? if you have a V6 around im curious to see yours in relation to the stock engine.

A.j.

do you have this unit on your buick? if you have a V6 around im curious to see yours in relation to the stock engine.

A.j.

I picked up the "low Profile" one from ebay . just like the one shown in the picture . sorry I can't help you , I bought it for a TT SBC pet project I'm working on . I may end up even going with a Wilson Elbow . depending in what car I decide to put the engine in and if the Wilson elbow will have the clearance needed .

A.j.

You might be interested in the flow rates of the 3 elbows . The one you have called the " Ultra Low " ( 860cfm) . The " Low Profile " , the one I have (#3848/950cfm) , " Hi Flow " (#3849/1,050cfm) . Looks like a 100 cfm split between the 3 elbows . :)

Anyone have any idea on the flow rate of the Wilson or Precision elbow ? it would be interesting to know . :)

Actually we find we have few air distribution issues with a 4 bbl throttle body and a bonnet. Better EGT's as well. No it is not as "high tech" looking.
Plus a progressive 4 bbl offers much better driveabilitly over a large mono blade.