EAST COAST BUICK REGIONALS - CECIL COUNTY, MD September 21st and 22nd MAGNA car show

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Back again and bigger then ever for 2012! Mark your calendars now! Hopefully this year mother nature gives us nice weather after last year's rain out! :( No rain date for this event due to the fact the track is booked the rest of the year. So come out and join the fun at the East Coast's only All Buick race and show! Keep the Buick community alive and going by showing your support for these Buick events we all work so hard to make happen for you! New this year the show is open to ALL Buick powered vehicles all years! So bring em out and pass the word! Hope to see you there!

Here is the event flier....

6773316408_0a2f6f2803_b.jpg

i'll be there the 22nd. dont think i'll be showing the regal just yet tho

Bring it and show it! It's more like a display then a show. So bring it on out and display it. The entrance fee into the gate is the same to get in the show area with the car so why not bring it and just park it with the others! :)

Just a little over a month to go for this event! Get those Buick's ready! This is the east coast's ONLY all Buick display/show. We need you to bring your cars out and support this event to keep these events alive and going! Mark your calendars! The award plaques are in and the goodie bags are stuffed to the gills! Bring em out! It's a great time and a great event all around!

Sweet! The BPG (Buick Performance Group) will be there as well selling merchandise/taking memberships. I'm also working on my Amsoil rep to come by with his race car and set up a tent to sell Amsoil products as well!

Yea this is one of the only all Buick events on the east cost! We have to have our day! :) They have the F.A.S.T. event going on as well. You might be able to get in on that. e-mail or call John from the flier. He's doing the racing end of the event I'm doing the car show/display side of it.

That said we are under 2 weeks away! Bring those Buick's out and support the event that supports the cars you love!

Also Dennis Kirban will be at this event! From Dennis....

I plan to attend the East Coast Buick Regionals as a vendor on Saturday only. If you have any powermaster cores, or mass air flow sensor cores, you can bring them to give to me and save the cost of shipping it to us. Also, if you purchase the new reproduction Rear Bumper Impact Cushion ahead of time, I can bring it to this event and save you shipping!

This Saturday!!! This is it! It's almost here! Bring em out boys and girls! Knock on wood looks like the weather is going to be picture perfect too 80 degrees!!

Keep in mind this is also like an open track rental. You can pretty much cover it all at this event. I've been to Bowling Green, Ohio, and several other Buick events local and national, and this one ranks right up there in top of them all! The goodie bags weigh about 70lbs at this point! lol So please bring those Buick's out so I can give this stuff away! I have 2 big tubs of door prizes as well to give away to those that show/display your Buick's! You will get the biggest bang for your buck at this Buick event hands down! Great time with great people! Come out and show your support for another event that supports what your into! I picked up the dash plaques and trophies plaques the other day and they came out great! You guys are going to love em! Hope to see everyone this Saturday in Cecil!!!

All I can say is WOW! If you didn't make this event you missed one of the best Buick events yet! The weather was picture perfect! The show field was packed with some beautiful turbo Buick's and the classics as well! We had a record breaking 59 cars in the show/display. It was great to see a nice long line of turbo Buick's! Everyone seemed to have a good time! There was a lot of good parts around the vendor areas. Dennis Kirban was there selling parts and collecting cores. Sean from the BPG was there selling shirts and hats among other things and he sold so much the BPG can now sponsor the Q-16 class in Bowling Green! This is what these events are all about!! You guys and gals need to come out and attend these events so these events can support you!! Everyone was making money that I talked to and having fun! We all see the negative threads that pop up from these events and there was not one person that I talked to that was upset about anything! If your a Buick owner you really need to come out and check out this event. It's one of the best in my book!

I found a few links with pics around the web so here they are.. enjoy and a huge THANK YOU goes out to all who attend this event! Seeing that show field packed only drives me to make it bigger and better next year!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/84BuickGN/1042092202?authkey=Gv1sRgCJec7r7g5N_8XA

http://rides.webshots.com/album/583437311aDGZUJ

Some of the racing results....

16th Annual East Coast Regionals Qualifying
Quick 16 Qualifying Order
1. Bruno DiPaola................... 64 Special 455 ...................................9:228 @ 142.34
2. Rick Miller..........................87 T-type 455................................... 9:730 @ 137.89
3. Bruce Wilson.......................Jaguar 455....................................... 10:009 @ 134.58
4. Insane Jeff Reinoehl........... 69 Skylark 455....................................10:045 @ 134.10
5. Jim Dotson........................ 87 GN v-6 N/A ...................................10:136 @ 134.44
6. John Csordas Jr...................71 Skylark 455....................................10:137 @ 136.41
7. Dom LaMorte..................... 70 GS 455......................................... 10:179 @ 130.29
8. Paul Miller..........................87 GN turbo v-6..................................10:190 @ 133.04
9. Dave Shaker......................69 GS 455.......................................... 10:297 @ 129.37
10. Frank Oliva........................70 GS 455.......................................... 10:380 @ 126.27
11. Bob Christo.......................75 Skylark 455......................................10:486 @ 127.75
12. Harold Zychowka...............87 GN turbo v-6....................................10:642 @ 127.76
13. Dave Tuna Turner..............64 Skylark 455......................................10:711 @ 124.13
14. Chris DeDura.....................67 GS 455............................................10: 755 @ 122.88
15. Paul Cassidy.....................70 Sportwagon 455................................10.796 @ 123.63
16. Willie Wager......................71 GS Conv 455.....................................10.803 @ 123.06

Did not qualify
17. Dwayne Hicks.....................................65 Skylark 455............................................... .......10.815 @ 123.34

16th Annual East Coast Regionals Winners
Quick 16 Class

Car owner...................... Car................... Reaction................ D/I....... E.T............ MPH........................ Payout $
Winner Bruce Wilson............... Jaguar.............091..................10.00..... 10.011.........130.53......................$1000.0 0
R U Chris DeDura....................67GS 455..........167..................10.79.....10.792 .........123.18. ...................$500.00
Semi Paul Miller......................87GN............... .................................................. ................................$150.00
Semi Dave Tuna Turner...........65 Skylark........................................... ................................................$1 50.0 0
Quarters Frank Oliva...............70GS 455............................................... .............................................$50.0 0
Quarters Dom Lamorte.............70GS 455............................................... .............................................$50.0 0
Quarters Dave Shake...............69 GS455............................................. ...............................................$50 .00
Quarters Harold Zychowka........87GN....................... .................................................. ........................$50.00
Low V-8 Qualifier............Bruno DiPaola Jr............9.228 @ 142.34............................................ ................$100.00
Low V-6 Qualifier.............Jim Dotson.................10.136 @ 134.44............................................ ...............$100.00
V8 Bracket Class
Winner.....Jeff Yardley Holthenrichs......... 69 Riviera455........................................ .........................................$400.00
RU............Jerry Allen.............................Skylark......... .................................................. ............................ $150.00
Semi..........Bubba Crouch........................Skylark............. .................................................. .........................$50.00
Semi...........Gerald Jeitner....................71 Skyalrk........................................... ............................................$50.00
V6 Bracket Class
Winner.......Jason Salvatore.....................87GN................ .................................................. ...........................$400.00
R U............Thomas Schatz.....................87 GN................................................ ............................................$150.0 0
Semi...........Doug Dougherty..................2012 Regal............................................. ...........................................$50.00
Semi...........John Guaditis.......................Dragster........... .................................................. .............................$50.00

16th Annual East Coast Regionals Gamblers Race Results

Friday Gamblers.........Winner................ Paul Cassidy
.........Runner Up................................Jeff Yardley Holthenrichs

Saturday Gamblers.....Winner.................Jeff Insane Reinheol
.........Runner Up..................................Dave Chait