E85......

86gngirl

GN's. A girls best friend
Any one here have any experience with E85 and the TR's? I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1. Whats involved in the conversion to E85?

2. Are you running better times with it?

3. Is it better than c16? I know it is cost wise.

4. Any known problems with it?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

86gngirl said:
Any one here have any experience with E85 and the TR's? I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

1. Whats involved in the conversion to E85?

2. Are you running better times with it?

3. Is it better than c16? I know it is cost wise.

4. Any known problems with it?

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

I believe it requires about 16% more fuel to run.

Dual fuel

That sounds like larger injectors and chip just for E85.
Wonder if car is set up for E85, can it be a flex fuel vehicle as in one chip for gasoline, one for E85? :confused:

C16 is almost $14 a gallon. I just had my 5 gal can filled and it cost me $65.xx. The savings on the E85 would offset the usage. I'm building another car and wanted to know the pros and cons of E85. Its mainly for the strip but will be street legal. I know its cheap horse power, its like 90% alcohol or something and around 110 octane. Getting it isn't a problem, I'll buy it by the drum. A drum of C16 is $680 vs. $200 a drum for E85.

Can you use alcohol injectors or is there a special injector for E85? Or are they the same for gas? Carbs need to be made to run it, so do the injectors have to?

Can you use alcohol injectors or is there a special injector for E85? Or are they the same for gas? Carbs need to be made to run it, so do the injectors have to?

as long as the injectors have Vitol rubber, they will be fine

hes right. not special injectors, just bigger.
dont know about the computer though. you would definitly need a special chip, im not very familiar with the GN computer, it depends on how much extra fuel it can deliver, i dont think most computers will be able to send an extra 30% of fuel on their own. i dont know if all it takes is a different flash or a whole different computer. definitly something i am interested in, for any car, although availability im my area is not good yet. ive also heard something about a stainless steel or poly gas tank also. the problem is everything i read reguarding E85 seems to say something different. what everybody needs is a definitive guide on what it takes and what it costs to change over.

loki993 said:
hes right. not special injectors, just bigger.
dont know about the computer though. you would definitly need a special chip, im not very familiar with the GN computer, it depends on how much extra fuel it can deliver, i dont think most computers will be able to send an extra 30% of fuel on their own. i dont know if all it takes is a different flash or a whole different computer. definitly something i am interested in, for any car, although availability im my area is not good yet. ive also heard something about a stainless steel or poly gas tank also. the problem is everything i read reguarding E85 seems to say something different. what everybody needs is a definitive guide on what it takes and what it costs to change over.
Thats what I'm trying to find out. The car will be built from the ground up, but before I start my parts search I want to know what I need. I have read thousands of different things about E85 and they controdict (?) each other.