E85 tuning help - car falls flat

PLX, AEM or MTX-L widebands are popular brands.

A powerlogger will monitor and record injector duty cycle along with other data.

From my learning experience with e85 is:

WB O2 and monitoring is crucial(logging is probably a good idea for historical data)
Testing of E85 content is crucial to get the correct data - I now run a flex fuel sensor that adjusts my tune automatically in XFI
Powerlogger of injector duty cycle or similar tool
Fuel lines, larger return is a good option on near stock configuration to about 500hp

After all this I said screw it and XFI fit all my needs for a bit more than investment.
XFI also give me other crucial data points (injector pulse width, base VE tables, and 100s of other items)
There is many more benefits of XFI than just e85 monitoring, but I can sit in my car idling and watch all the stuff ;)

If that is a route you may want to take, reach out to Cal Hartline with Hartline Performance and he answer any questions you may have.

WB O2 and monitoring is crucial(logging is probably a good idea for historical data)
Testing of E85 content is crucial to get the correct data - I now run a flex fuel sensor that adjusts my tune automatically in XFI
Fuel lines, larger return is a good option on near stock configuration to about 500hp

After all this I said screw it and XFI fit all my needs for a bit more than investment.
XFI also give me other crucial data points (injector pulse width, base VE tables, and 100s of other items)
There is many more benefits of XFI than just e85 monitoring, but I can sit in my car idling and watch all the stuff ;)

If that is a route you may want to take, reach out to Cal Hartline with Hartline Performance and he answer any questions you may have.

UPDATE:
I have purchased and installed a PL and am still learning. NO WB installed yet but soon, I did a couple of runs minus the WB. I am still having issues with the car falling flat. I have got an issue that I hope you can help me diagnose. Currently I have 80lb injectors and a Walbro 255lph pump a TT chip for e85. Have upgraded the return line to -6. The feed line is stock. I have an AEM boost controller. The car cuts out in 3rd gear at WOT. If I back off a little it will come back. I pulled the tank to check things and upgraded the pump to a DW301. I tried it after the pump upgrade and same issue. The cuts out at WOT and falls flat. I have a scanmaster and the O2s start bouncing.I have attached a dat file. I am hoping this helps

Attachments

• QuickSave.007.dat
    75 KB · Views: 83
Judging by your O2's, it may be a little on the rich side. They are around 820's now. Try reducing WOT fuel using the chip parameter to get the O2's into the upper 700's. See if that helps clear it up.

Judging by your O2's, it may be a little on the rich side. They are around 820's now. Try reducing WOT fuel using the chip parameter to get the O2's into the upper 700's. See if that helps clear it up.
If I keep mu foot in it while it is cutting out, it keeps getting worse and i will even see some knock. When I lift a little 80% WOT it comes back.( I have another run where this is display, I will attach that when I get home). Could the knock be false knock?

If I keep mu foot in it while it is cutting out, it keeps getting worse and i will even see some knock. When I lift a little 80% WOT it comes back.( I have another run where this is display, I will attach that when I get home). Could the knock be false knock?
Attached is another run where I stayed in it a bit longer. It does show some knock, but ii wonder if it is false knock.

Attachments

• QuickSave.005.dat
    94.6 KB · Views: 82
If it's cutting out and such, the O2 readings are meaningless at that point, but will show lean due to the misfiring. You may also see knock with a dirty run (cutting out and sputtering).

As I said earlier, your initial WOT O2's are on the high side .820-.830 before it starts cutting out. I would lean it out. When you let off the gas, you may be dropping off enough to go back into spool mode, which is leaner.

I would reduce WOT fuel 5 numbers at a time, then make a run, watching for knock and O2's, and see if it starts to clean up.

Everybody here has WAY more buick experience than I do. However, last year I bought my first GN with the exact same symptoms you are describing. It ran great at part throttle, ran like ass at WOT. It turned out the vacuum leaks were the #1 culprit. I found two vacuum lines complete disconnected and i found another vacuum line with a slice/crack in it. Fixed those and my problems were GONE.

I had a vacuum leak at the WG solenoid. Another at the passenger fender where the pressure switch is for the digital dash. and then one of the small hard lines completely disconnected.