@ E-Town today and I wanted to burn my car after the first Run

i remember that.......

I was really close to setting the car on fire just for the satisfaction of watching it burn. It would be perfectly fine the one day, and then be totally dead in the parking lot at work the next day.

Funny thing is I still haven't replaced that motor mount. You have to drop the engine-mounting frame down to get at it. But, my TCC soleniod is bad so I'll be changing that mount soon. Unlike the relatively easy TCC replacement on the Buicks, this transmission needs to come out the bottom of the car along with that engine frame to get at the cover. $30 part; $1,700 in labor.

Jim

I’ll dig out the torque strap and put it in this week when I pull the headers.

BUT I got under the car and checked the wires by the starter and checked for any bad spots and nothing I also checked the home made bracket I put to hold the wires against the starter/engine block and its still in place and looking good.

Now remember I also get a low rpm back fire/sputter when I slam on the gas (WOT) from idle in gear OR NOT IN GEAR!!

Yesterday morning I overnight the 92 chip back to (TT) for him to check it and upgrade it to a 93chip.
It could have been that I got some one else’s chip by accident. (Wishful thinking):confused:

I am also going to replace the
Plugs just to eliminate them.
Thermostat (because the car never ever gets over 165* and 90%of the time it’s at 153*-156*)

I got the 93 chip and ran it a few times it feels good it did hesitate once but the car was cold SO??

I also rewired the fan to be controlled by the Computer now the car warms up real fast and maintains 162*-168* in traffic but once I get moving it drops back into the 150's even when I go WOT.
In the next few days I will run the car and post up the results.
Wish me luck

The car has been running good(knock on wood).
No more sputters or back fires

My O2's are in the 820s at WOT at 85-95 MPH at a solid 15 PSI all these runs have been done from a slow roll.

I am getting 2-3* of KR in the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shift Only when the converter is locked up. Is this normal?

I am going to start launching the car from a dead stop NO LOCK UP. What should I look for?

If everything goes good I am thinking of turning up the boost a pound or two until the O2s get closer to 800 range. Is this a good Idea?