Dyno Run

kosonen04

JustA6
Hey guys im going to be doing some dyno runs at school in about a week and i tryed it before and i had bad 1/4 times becuase i couldent spool up and launch anyone have any good ideas on how i could do that? Becuase that woudl change my time alot

spool up and launching on a dyno would probably be a bad idea. what kind of times did you run? How is the car running? If you want 1/4 mile times why not just go to the track? Use the Dyno for your Power numbers. that is just my suggestion. And i would highly advise against launching on a Dyno.

How come? what would be so bad? like my times were like 20 sec very very very bad lol i know im faster tahn that.

i dont understand, are you talking about a dyno or the track? can you even do a quarter mile on a dyno? either way, if youre running 20 seconds, something is seriously wrong with your car...

Yea the dyno we found out was messed up have you ever heard of GTech the performance meaters? well i have one and i did a run at the track my best time was 12.7 and the Gtech said 12.6 so its pretty damn close to right on so im going to try the dyno and see if its right. We have them Mustang Dynos at our school im not to happy with them.

i think what everyone is trying to say is you dont find out what your 1/4 time is on a dyno...you figure you your Wheel Horsepower. So launching on a dyno would be bad.

And mustang dynos arent that accurate at doing that either.

With these dynos they have a real tree and you do 1/4 miles times and horsepower they have alot of stuff on them

I know someone else that has done that on a Mustang brand dyno...... can't say I understand why they do it..... I wouldn't waste a pull on something I can find out at the track..... but to each his own....

kosonen04 said:
well i have one and i did a run at the track my best time was 12.7 and the Gtech said 12.6 so its pretty damn close to right on.

I agree your car should be in the high 14 to low 15 sec range so anything that is vastly less or greater then that is probably a dyno error. I would reccommend just taking it to the track, you have everything you need at the track mph-horsepower and 60ft-traction/et.

How the hell do they keep the thing from bouncing like a basketball when you instantly apply a ton of torque to the dyno? Id be afraid to do that with one of my cars. Probably break the driveshaft instantly.

bison said:
How the hell do they keep the thing from bouncing like a basketball when you instantly apply a ton of torque to the dyno? Id be afraid to do that with one of my cars. Probably break the driveshaft instantly.

They strap them down as you would for a normal dyno run. I've seen a car go 9.05 @ 150+ mph on one of these before. :eek:

I think it's pretty close. The car could never stay hooked up, so it hadn't made a clean pass until on the dyno. For the HP they dyno said it put out, the 9.05 wasn't out of the question.