driveshaft loop quick question and some on top end

Cleaner13

The Cleaner
ok guys I bought a driveshaft loop from a board member here but I dont have the bolts

can someone tell me the measurements of the bolts so I can get them at home depot
please give me the length and thickness of the bolt

also where does it bolt to I always here 6-8 inches away
is this from the rear or from the trans?

this is a little off subject from that but I was just wondering in general, before anyone flames me for asking this I know our cars are more of a dead dig race car

but I was wondering what mods are good for taking cars from a roll
I have a ricer friend thats going to turbo his RSX and I know another kid that has a turbo integra that ran a 13.5 but at 111mph
I know if I decide to race either of them, they would go from a roll cause thats what rice does, plus I dont always get the chance to pull up to people at a stop light either

I know I can take them in a 1/4 mile race from a dead dig but I am kind of doubting my car for its roll abilities

any help will be useful and please no flaming, the reason I rather do more from a roll stuff is that I can pretty much take any car around here from a stop

thank you

Carl

From a roll depends on who decides the go speed. If you decided from what speed, I would say right at the speed where you KNOW your trans will downshift in the next lower gear and still have some room left to accelerate before it shifts again. If he chooses the speed, try to negotiate it so that it is from a speed near what I said before.

As far as top end, you are effectively trying to push a box through the wind. Look at the RSX in terms of aerodynamics and look at our car. If you two were dead even up to 100, he might pull on you from then on due to aerodynamics.

How do I solve that problem? Make sure you aren't dead even at 100!! Higher boost, racegas, alcohol, whatever...

Crazi said"........can someone tell me the measurements of the bolts so I can get them at home depot
please give me the length and thickness of the bolt"

Pull the bolts out of the metal strap the driveshaft loop will replace ( have to pull it anyway) add the thickness of the driveshaft loop to the length of the factory bolts , take those bolts with you to Home Depot and look for the same thread and pitch bolts only longer , should be about 1/2 " longer

Yeah just remove the factory brace (6 inches from the back of the tranny) and get bolts approx 1/4" longer, depending on the thickness of the loop. Dont overtighten these bolts either as there is not much meat there as far as the threads go

If you hit the downshift right your car should haul a$$ from a roll, especially under 50mph. Dont do any races on the highway going 80mph:D

the bolts are METRIC, 8mm.

as for bolt length, depends on the extra thickness of the aftermarket drive shaft loop.

as has been implied, tightening these bolts too much can strip the female threads on the sheet metal floor pan (I stripped one & had to helicoil it). It cannot withstand much more than 15 ft-lbs or so.

Basically stock (Reds 93) - I tore up a Viper from about 20 to about 60.