Do I REALLY need an intercooler?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
My next new combo will be a TE-44 turbo, Delphi 50 lb injectors, and alky very soon...I was wondering if I should also upgrade the intercooler too? Will the stocker flow enough air with a TE-44? will it be a bottleneck if I keep it stock or should I get the modified neck or better yet a V4...opinions greatly accepted :)

but seriously...i am tight on money man...i have been saving for this turbo and injectors for months and i finally am getting close to closing the deal on this stuff...a v4 is like 700 bucks!!!! can my stock intercooler hold up? or should i do that modified neck mod...i don't want to do crap to the stock intercooler unless i HAVE to...

I would say yes depending how fas you want to go. I reciently installed the V4, I gained 2-3 mph but my ET's drop because of poor traction (60ft). I use to do a 12.6@109mph with the stock IC. I noticed a big improvemen over the stocker and can run higher boost levels on pump gas.

well i want to go as fast as i can with a te-44 turbo and 50lb injectors with a all stock motor!

You could try to port and bellmouth the stock intercooler first. The latest issue of GM high tech performance outlines the proceedure. It is pretty easy and will cost next to nothing.

It will be better with a V4 but it will run great with the stock one until you can save some more money.

Originally posted by d0n_3d
My next new combo will be a TE-44 turbo, Delphi 50 lb injectors, and alky very soon...I was wondering if I should also upgrade the intercooler too? Will the stocker flow enough air with a TE-44? will it be a bottleneck if I keep it stock or should I get the modified neck or better yet a V4...opinions greatly accepted :)

Just put a neck on yer stocker.