DNS Server not responding

Try another public DNS server. I personally use 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2 on my network at home. Ive never had issues.

If youre getting a DNS server error, thats out of our control. That means your ISP or whatever DNS server you are using is having issues. You could try adding one of our hosters DNS's but I cant promise it will work. The IP is 173.208.198.18

And if you use Firefox or Chrome they already know your every move. IE, MS knows your every move. Safari.. Apple. So on and so forth.

LOL, and if not those, the gov'mint. But Google is just in your face with "AdChoices" so they always get the baddest mouth from me. Line the most pockets, get away with the most absurd crap. But meekly scurrying to voluntarily use their DNS server .... that's really folding it up and handing it to them on their own silver platter. Wondering why people are having trouble, though, and glad I'm not.

I notice now there's also a block of "Ads by Amazon" that permits you to "Shop Related Products" -- related not just to the general topic of the site, but to the specific content of a forum thread. Examples for this thread: Windows 2000 DNS Server, Pro DNS and BIND, and a couple of Buick related items.

If you want privacy online use TOR.

I just checked this out, very interesting. I got so disenchanted that I haven't followed Linux doings for several years, and hadn't heard of this at all. As advertised it's probably dog slow, but that's not so unusual for "normal" web access anyway.* On a percentage basis, maybe it's not that much .... :p

* due to all the 3rd party ad sites embedded in all the pages

Last edited:
LOL, and if not those, the gov'mint. But Google is just in your face with "AdChoices" so they always get the baddest mouth from me. Line the most pockets, get away with the most absurd crap. But meekly scurrying to voluntarily use their DNS server .... that's really folding it up and handing it to them on their own silver platter. Wondering why people are having trouble, though, and glad I'm not.

I notice now there's also a block of "Ads by Amazon" that permits you to "Shop Related Products" -- related not just to the general topic of the site, but to the specific content of a forum thread. Examples for this thread: Windows 2000 DNS Server, Pro DNS and BIND, and a couple of Buick related items.

We actually dont make anything off those Amazon ads. I just havent had a chance to remove them.

I just checked this out, very interesting. I got so disenchanted that I haven't followed Linux doings for several years, and hadn't heard of this at all. As advertised it's probably dog slow, but that's not so unusual for "normal" web access anyway.* On a percentage basis, maybe it's not that much .... :p

* due to all the 3rd party ad sites embedded in all the pages

Not as slow as you would think although it used to be. Not too bad these days.

One could also use a proxy. There are cheap and free ones out there. I'll admit google is a big offender. The DNS was really meant as an alternative till the problem is fixed.
I could open my DNS server and let everyone use that. I don't track or sell ads... ;)

If it really an issue then just add this line to your hosts file. /etc/hosts or windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts

173.208.198.19 turbobuick.com www.turbobuick.com

Then DNS isn't even part of the equation. Your host will check the local hosts file before querying DNS.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about Tor, and it seems to me it would be very easy for the government to snoop on. Out of the frying pan (Google et al) into the fire (NSA et al). :devil::D

On the other hand, I stumbled across an alternative (to Google) search engine called DuckDuckGo of all things. It promises not to track you everywhere, and so far it seems to bring up good hits without a lot of the junk.

I've been thinking about Tor, and it seems to me it would be very easy for the government to snoop on. Out of the frying pan (Google et al) into the fire (NSA et al). :devil::D

In order to effectively track someone on TOR you have to run/own many exit nodes. Users can select exit nodes too. So... Yes it is possible, no it isn't easy. Some use TOR with a proxy. That is even safer. Also there are plugins like obfsproxy that hide the type of trafiic you create. If it doesn't even look like TOR traffic then what are they tracking. It became much harder to track TOR users as the network grew. It is very large now. Selecting which nodes to avoid can protect you more. If you stay in the TOR network you are not really traceable. Only when you leave.

Duckduckgo is good. Or startpage.com. They don't track and get their results from google.