DNS Server not responding

OConnor

Any help with this? I only receive this trying to open Turbobuick.com. I have flushed and reset and tried everything I can find online. Sometimes the sight opens most times lately I can't get on.

I've been having that same problem for months on my home computer and my phone. Sometimes I can get on, sometimes not. At work, no problem.

Maybe a little help from an administrator or someone with more computer knowledge than me. I really want to resolve this I've gone from being on the forum everyday to maybe twice a week.

you can try to set your dns servers on your local host to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 rather than you ISP's dns servers. That might help...

Those are public and run by google I think. Anyways they are up and resolve.

> server 8.8.8.8
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

> www.turbobuick.com
Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: turbobuick.com
Address: 173.208.198.18
Aliases: www.turbobuick.com

>

you can try to set your dns servers on your local host to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 rather than you ISP's dns servers. That might help...

> server 8.8.8.8

> www.turbobuick.com

>
Damn slay! Changing to 8.8.8.8 just might have solved my problem. Time will tell but looking good so far. Thanks man.

I hope it works out for you. So many around here help without even knowing it. I hope this helps you.

I hope it works out for you. So many around here help without even knowing it. I hope this helps you.
I'll monitor it for the next few days and will post back here with my findings. Thanks again man (y)

We are getting reports of this, we are trying to figure out the problem(s)!

I've tried most everything I can find. Nothing seems to fix the problem but I will keep trying.

It's been a couple days since changing my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 per slays suggestion and I've been able to log on consistently for the first time in about 6 months! Thanks again slay.

> server 8.8.8.8

> www.turbobuick.com

>

Everyone try this, it seems to be working

Using their DNS server will only make it easier for Google to spy on your every move.

And if you use Firefox or Chrome they already know your every move. IE, MS knows your every move. Safari.. Apple. So on and so forth.

If you want privacy online use TOR.

It's been a couple days since changing my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 per slays suggestion and I've been able to log on consistently for the first time in about 6 months! Thanks again slay.

How does one go about doing this?

go to where you manage the network

start --> computer --> right click network and select properties, then select change adapter settings. Right click the network adapter and select properties. This window should appear.

Capture1.PNG

Then select Internet Protocol Version 4 and select properties. This window will appear

Capture2.PNG

Preferred DNS server at the bottom.

I run my own DNS server hence 172.16.2.1 That is where you could put 8.8.8.8

I should say this is for windows 7. what I have...

Last edited:
How about for an iPhone? I only use my phone to log on (when I can). Very rarely am I at a desktop or laptop.