Did I Make a Mistake Ordering Center Line Wheels?

SpeedRacerX

Finally launched my wheel and tire project for Spring by ordering some things. Wheels are very subjective but I liked the look of the Center Line Competition Series Rev wheels. Polished chrome, 5 big holes around the face. Cost had very little to do with it.

Anyway, I ordered from Center Line on Wednesday and I still don't have an Order Confirmation or Acknowledgement. I know it's only been 3 days but shouldn't an Order Confirmation be almost automatic? This slightly concerns me as I've read some horrors with Center Line but it appeared they had gotten better over the last 3-5 years.

It's hard to even pull the plug on a wheel order if it goes sideways because I'm finding most wheels take a long while to ship.

Any advice?

Customer Service # to call and confirm order went thru okay?
Can't wait to see this car btw!

Well, front page of site says they have Saturday hours. I called and after 20 minutes on hold, I gave up. I then scoured their website for any email to reach them and couldn't find any. So I Googled and found an email for Sales and sent them an email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Why not from Summit or Jegs? At least you have a live body to talk to...

Great question. I always check there first but... lately, when it comes to wheels, the Summit and Jegs websites show crazy delivery times, i.e. May for these wheels. So, I contacted Center Line and their website has a page for "overstock" wheels which I've now determined to be a BS way of getting people to call them to order direct. The pricing is the same, give or take $30 on a full set, BUT the big thing is the delivery. Center Line promised me 4-5 weeks (End of Feb versus May with Summit). I asked why would Summit and Jegs state such long delivery times on their website which is just driving me away? I was told that those sites like to stay on the safe side (under promise, over deliver) or that they don't have visibility into the supply chain for Center Line. Who really knows? I've bought a lot from Summit and Jegs. It was only the availability that threw me out. Now, I hope Center Line didn't snooker me.

Why not from Summit or Jegs? At least you have a live body to talk to...
I agree when even making the smallest purchased, the 'old school' approach is my terminology because it gives me piece of mind. Not saying the seller is not legitimate either.

Finally launched my wheel and tire project for Spring by ordering some things. Wheels are very subjective but I liked the look of the Center Line Competition Series Rev wheels. Polished chrome, 5 big holes around the face. Cost had very little to do with it.

Anyway, I ordered from Center Line on Wednesday and I still don't have an Order Confirmation or Acknowledgement. I know it's only been 3 days but shouldn't an Order Confirmation be almost automatic? This slightly concerns me as I've read some horrors with Center Line but it appeared they had gotten better over the last 3-5 years. It's hard to even pull the plug on a wheel order if it goes sideways because I'm finding most wheels take a long while to ship.

Any advice?
As you most likely know Center Line has a more than reputable reputation and yes your order confirmation should have been sent within minutes of placing the order and your payment was recieved . I would call them right now and deal with any hold or just cancel the order. Your order should have been shipped within 24hrs but shipping time is depicted by how you chose a specific delivery choice express or regular ground shipping.

Was your wheel of choice a decision between cost or weight? I am a Weld guy but respect the products Center Line puts out/

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you. :)

Was your wheel of choice a decision between cost or weight? I am a Weld guy but respect the products Center Line puts out/

My short list included the Weld RT-S. Love that wheel. But...my son is my car buddy and I involve him in helping me pick appearance modifications for the car. We settled on something all shiny, no black. Aluminum, muscle look while trying not to look like every other 5-star'ish wheel you see on GN's. Just wanted something a little different. Add that to wanting a 15x8 in the front and a 15x10 in the rear with the proper offsets, and there really aren't a ton of options out there "to be different."

For that style of wheel I prefer the Weld Magnum style and I buy all my wheels and tires from McCormack Racing. Good outfit.

Have you checked to see if the charge cleared your bank?

Last edited:
For that style of wheel I prefer the Weld Magnum style and I but my wheels and tires from McCormack Racing. Good outfit.

Have you checked to see if the charge cleared your bank?
They charged my credit card. I see the charge on my online account but I have quite some time before I have to pay it.

They charged my credit card. I see the charge on my online account but I have quite some time before I have to pay it.

If it was charged to your card, you should have an acknowledgement by now. I would give it until Tuesday morning so that the banks have had time to exchange info and clear everything. If you don't get an e mail by then, get on the horn with them.

It's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry. Best of luck, the car is gonna look good, I'll bet.............

Thanks. Yes, those Weld Magnums are a sick looking wheel too.

My short list included the Weld RT-S. Love that wheel. But...my son is my car buddy and I involve him in helping me pick appearance modifications for the car. We settled on something all shiny, no black. Aluminum, muscle look while trying not to look like every other 5-star'ish wheel you see on GN's. Just wanted something a little different. Add that to wanting a 15x8 in the front and a 15x10 in the rear with the proper offsets, and there really aren't a ton of options out there "to be different."
I understand and I doubt you will be disappointed with your choice.

Happy New Year. :)

I ordered a set of the Centerline qualifiers a few weeks back. I called and talked to a salesman about their shipping charges and timeframe of getting them. Summit and jegs had them shipping in april. The salesman said he'd ship them for free and it would take 3-4 weeks for them to make them. I wanted that style wheel with a 4" bs on rear which was my reason for going this route.

That being said, maybe they had to make them. I haven't gotten my credit card statement yet, but I would expect them to charge me if they were going to have to make them to my specs. Thats one reason I called and ordered instead of just doing it online....which is what I usually do. I wouldn't worry... just my opinion.:)

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding wanted spec's which would not be a "off the shelf" order. Center Line will deliver I am certain. :)

I ordered a set of the Centerline qualifiers a few weeks back. I called and talked to a salesman about their shipping charges and timeframe of getting them. Summit and jegs had them shipping in april. The salesman said he'd ship them for free and it would take 3-4 weeks for them to make them. I wanted that style wheel with a 4" bs on rear which was my reason for going this route.

That being said, maybe they had to make them. I haven't gotten my credit card statement yet, but I would expect them to charge me if they were going to have to make them to my specs. Thats one reason I called and ordered instead of just doing it online....which is what I usually do. I wouldn't worry... just my opinion.:)
Yes, they had to make them and yes I am prepared to wait 5 weeks, yes I called and ordered live and yes, I don't care that they charged my card.

My issue is that in the year 2017, after you've taken my order and charged my credit card, all I ask is that you put something in writing to me so I know my four-figure order hasn't fallen into the abyss.

I've had this happen before, you order, no acknowledgement, weeks go by, you call and they have no record of your order and now you are setback weeks.

I'll call again on Monday to see what the story is.

Yes, they had to make them and yes I am prepared to wait 5 weeks, yes I called and ordered live and yes, I don't care that they charged my card.

My issue is that in the year 2017, after you've taken my order and charged my credit card, all I ask is that you put something in writing to me so I know my four-figure order hasn't fallen into the abyss.

I've had this happen before, you order, no acknowledgement, weeks go by, you call and they have no record of your order and now you are setback weeks.

I'll call again on Monday to see what the story is.

I suggested Tuesday morning because all of the stuff that happened on your account from Friday going forward, won't post until Monday at midnight (Tuesday morning) .

Jus' sayin'.

I suggested Tuesday morning because all of the stuff that happened on your account from Friday going forward, won't post until Monday at midnight (Tuesday morning) .

Jus' sayin'.
Ok, appreciate the advice.

Ok, appreciate the advice.

They started that stuff so that they could ding more people for overdraft charges.

Some suit said "Hey, if we post debits on Mondays BEFORE we post any credits to the account, we can make a BUNCH of money on overdraft charges" .........

They got busted and thankfully they paid dearly for that bullshit. Now the law says all deposits must be the first ledger entries, BEFORE any debits.