Dead spot, falls flat

belsie

Help, a new surprise,

I have been on straight e-85 over a year or so with a, DW 300 pump, all new braided lines w / inline filters 80# injectors & new tank, all these items are less than 18 months and have been working fine till now! Out of nowhere the car falls flat on acceleration fuel pressure bounces from 50 to 20 to 50 as it stumbles and w/ band flashes from green to red (lean) until I back off !! Car drives fine @ 1/4 throttle but chaos from there. Checked for loose hoses or connections but found nothing. I notice a dreaded drivers side exhaust leak around the same time as I had the car down for 7 weeks getting trans done.
Trans works great but now this?????? Any ideas or advice is appreciated......................

1) Check you fuel filters and see if they are clogged.

2) Could be the ignition system giving up. There are a lot of anecdotal reports of people running into similar issues under boost on E85 when the stock iginition system gives up and they need to go to the TR-6.

No, just wondered how much effect the leak may have as to this mystery............

With the fuel pressure jumping to below base setting , it looks to me that the pump is cutting out when it starts drawing extra current . ( hows the hotwire system condition ? ) I would try and put regulated air pressure on the fuel pressure regulator to simulate boost pressure and turn on the fuel pump . That way you can see if the pump is going bad if it doesn't keep up 1 for 1 . Sam

If you know you have a pressure problem why wouldn't investigate that first? The pump is suspect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see.....................let you know as I progress.....................

New socks from DW helped also they were great and wanted my old pump (2 years old) so they could tear it open to see what may have caused the sooty film. They sent a new pump under warranty. All is well now.... (y)