cottons intercooler fit problem

Otto J

has anyone had a problem installing thier cottons intercooler? got mine today and think maybe i have the wrong pipe from intercooler to t-body,when attached to the intercooler the up pipeis way off the t-body, when hooked to the t-body it is about an 1" to low to the intercooler,all the while the fan does not fit anymore and my turbo inlet pipe has no room to attach because up pipe sits on turbo, I think i just have the wrong up pipe and will calll him in the am,just seeing if anyone had this prob before
thanks OJP

I installed mine last year and the up pipe and turbo to intercooler pipes are two pieces. Fit pretty well even with dual spal fans. Like you said, best to talk to Jack, he will help you.
Mitch

both my pipes are 1 peice rght from turbo to intercooler and the other is intercooler to t-body, if you install the lower pipe going up it points direclty at the fuel regulator, it just must be the wrong pipe, l will call him in the am

it was a few weeks but i do believe he has them coming in so if you want yours dont wait

Also as far as fitment it fits perfect easy install, it just takes some real idiot like my self to try to put the pipe in upside down,and not try it the other way, jack said " hey did you try to turn it around?" i said without even thinking "i am a D*** m***** f***
and ther you have it , sorry i even doubted the fit
OJP

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
Also as far as fitment it fits perfect easy install, it just takes some real idiot like my self to try to puit the pipe in upside down,and not try it the oother way, jack said " hey did you try to turn it around?" i said without even thinking "i am a D*** m***** f***
and ther you have it , sorry i evne doughted the fit
OJP

Well as soon as I read the first post, I thought that maybe you had them on backwards, but wasn't gonna say anything. Don't beat yourself up tho, we all make stupid mistakes :D .

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
i said without even thinking "i am a D*** m***** f***
and ther you have it , sorry i even doubted the fit
OJP

HAHAHAHA!! Easy there dude, we all make mistakes! You dumb ***** f***er :)

<edit> Hey, how'd you get all those asterisks, mine didnt come out like that......

I just had to check this one out. And to think you doubted me....... :cool: I spent way to much time and effort fitting those pipes, 3 times!! Of course you being a certified mechanic, lets you off the hook, no doubt, you're much more used to installing those "only go in one way" factory parts. It took me a few years to become accostomed to working with after market parts, can be an adventure.

KLHAMMETT, do your COTTONS Valve Covers you put on say "SNOTTOC"????:D You guys are killin me!!!!!!!!!