Converter lock up speed

Scarab

Ok my question is while driving slow and normal on the street I have my detent cable adjusted to shift without over reving the engine. The converter which is a PTC 9.5 inch lock up locks up at 48mph under light throttle. Does this seem about right? Car shifts to 2nd about 19 miles a hour under light throttle also.

Just want to make sure it is not to low to hurt this wonderful Jasper Reman Trans.....yes I know when I get the funds i am going to have it rebuilt. Trans is new and jasper claims it has the correct valve body but it does not chirp the tires in 2nd. Its bumps good in 3rd and 4th.

If I get on it 2nd will blow the tires off but not shifting hard enough for me under light throttle. I have played with the cable and raising the shift points just make is rev to much to change gears.

what is the normal shift points in MPH and the normal Lockup speed under light normal driving?

Yes that is right the chip controls lockup ,that is where TT 5.7 are set to lock.
adjust the TV cable as per manual (that info is in the forms somewhere) or you will be buying a trans soon
there is a couple things that controls shifting RPM not just the cable
I think there is more than how hard the trans shift to get a 1-2 tire chirp,

Typical shift points for a BR transmission at light throttle are 1-2@15mph, 2-3@22mph, 3-4@43mph. Lockup is controlled by the chip. Trying to get the car to "chirp" the tires on the 1-2 shift is dependent on the stall of the torque converter and the build on the transmission. With a high stall converter it's not going to "chirp" the tires on the 1-2 shift under light throttle.

If they also supplied a reman torque converter better check the stall speed.