? converter for sb350 v8, T3 twin turbo.

87 WE2

I have a friend who has a 69 chevelle with a built 350 sb, twin t3 turbos. It is hooked up to a 700r4 for now. The trans is getting rebuilt and he had the 1800-2200 rpm 12" converter in it from when it was a NA fuel injected car. He has since added the turbos, what rpm/size converter should he go to with the new trans basied on the motor? This is primerally a street car very little track time. 12lbs of boost.

first and foremost get rid of the 700......that trans will not hold up to that hp....second get ahold of dusty bradford on here he sells ptc converters i would recommend them for sure

first and foremost get rid of the 700......that trans will not hold up to that hp....second get ahold of dusty bradford on here he sells ptc converters i would recommend them for sure

Yea he is actually getting rid of everything, he had the 700 in it and hurt 3rd & 4th. He will be turning down the boost and is fixing the trans to use for now. He is selling his other 69 chevelle and using the $ from that to build a 6.0 LSX motor/trans with turbo's of course. Talked to my trans builder looks like we are going to go 10" 2600-2800 non lock up.

What turbo size? What rpm will he turn it? How much power does he want to make?

Depending on his goals, the budget 10" converters can work if the turbos are small.