Conley's Performance - Humble, TX

tscruggs

1KWIKGN
Chris Conley and the people at Conley's are awesome. Impeccable service. Good jobs at reasonable prices. I had my car at several mechanics and dealers and Conley fixed the problem in short order and at a reasonable price. Finally got her back running!!!!!!!

Should have went to Conley's first.

Chris Conley and the people at Conley's are awesome. Impeccable service. Good jobs at reasonable prices. I had my car at several mechanics and dealers and Conley fixed the problem in short order and at a reasonable price. Finally got her back running!!!!!!!

Conley's are good people... always treat me with the upmost respect.:biggrin:

Yup good people for sure. They also stand behind their parts and work... not to mention they know these like the back of their hands.

My first expeience with Conley's was very good. I got my headers this week for my Stage II project and they look great.Very NICE! Look foward to doing more buisness with them in the future.

Thanks Chris

I wouldn't let them change my oil.
Unless they have had a major change of ethics recently, I would double check everything they do and certainly what they are charging you for. Sadly my personal experience with them is that they are unscrupulous, incompetent and are now only interested in ricers and their dyno.
But then again, they did take me for $6K and swapped my engine block with someone elses, I discovered this along with leaking oil guage, broken driver seat bracket, missing T/C cover, & missing I/C fan (so far) after sending the following letter (which they have yet to respond to, but,hey, its only been 3+ years), so I might be a bit biased...

August 27, 2003

Attention: Janace Conely

Conely’s Performance Plus
1443 A Aldine Bender
Houston, Texas 77032

Dear Janace,

As you know, on Monday August 25, 2003 I picked up my car. It was in the evening and I did not have a great deal of time to go over the vehicle as everyone was preparing to leave for the night. I was concerned about having to purchase a new battery to replace one that was in perfectly good condition when I left my car with you but I had no choice. I was not able to inspect the car and had no reason to expect any problems after having nearly $6,000.00 worth of work done. I noticed another problem when I drove the car home and the air conditioner was not working properly; the fan was blowing but the air was not blowing cold. I inspected it upon arrival home and noted that the a/c clutch would not engage for any period of time. I did not drive the car the following day and when I was able to inspect my car more fully and to review the bill I noted several major problems associated with both my billing and my vehicle. The following problems are presented in no particular order, however I do expect all of these problems to be corrected, as none of the following problems were present when you received care, custody and control of my vehicle:

 A/C System: The air conditioning system has been discharged to below operating level, A/C fan clutch will not engage for more than a few seconds indicating that freon level has been depleted to a level that is insufficient to activate pressure switch. The A/C system was fully functioning when you received my car to work on.
Cost: Freon/oil/repairs sufficient to restore proper operating condition.

 Optima Battery: I delivered my car with an Optima gel-cell battery, which was only a few months old, and in perfect working condition when you received my car. I was notified that the battery was discharged and no longer functioning and I was compelled to purchase a replacement battery from you at a cost of $59.00 + tax and to date no offer to replace my battery has been made. The Optima battery was new and under warranty and valued at approx. $150.00, a simple phone call to me to pick the battery up, or placing it on a charger, would have prevented the battery from being ruined. It is now out of warranty and the pro-rata cost of replacing it is approx. $50.00 I expect it to be replaced with a like battery under warranty or be compensated in order that I can replace it myself and that you accept your battery in return and refund my cost.
Cost: $114.90 prorate ($64.90 + $50.00) Full cost: $216.44 ($64.90 + $151.54)

 Fram Sure-Drain oil drain plug: I had installed a special oil drain plug (Fram Sure-Drain) when I received my car back it was missing and replaced with stock plug. I expect this part to be replaced with correct item or that I be compensated for the replacement cost.

 Cost: $12.47Brackets: Several brackets and various components were left unsecured/disconnected in the engine compartment and need to be properly installed. (Also a plug at the transmission is not connected, however this might be the lock-up switch that I was advised was not functioning) It is possible these items were left unsecured until the 500-mile check to expedite service to the engine.
Cost: N/A

 Torque Converter: Chris suggested that the torque converter be upgraded and that the replacement would be for the part only without a labor charge since the engine would be out of the car and the exchange would be very simple and straightforward. I agreed to this offer but the upgrade was never installed. I am hoping that you will honor your original offer to install the T/C with no labor charges, as was agreed upon.

 Car Interior: The driver’s side door upholstery is stained with grease as is the steering wheel, door strap, shift handle and other interior areas. The driver’s side floor mat is also damaged with greasy stains and has been torn. This is a custom floor mat with and embroidered logo and difficult to replace. The exterior of the car around the hood was also left filthy with greasy handprints.
Cost: N/A if done in-house

 Billing: I noted that I was charged $50.00 Material and $50.00 labor for “Shop Supplies” This is unacceptable as I have already paid for the cost of any supplies or materials and I am being double-billed. It is obvious that your employees did not use cleaning supplies during the repair of my car as witnessed by the deplorable condition my car was left in. I expect this charge to be refunded to me as any supplies were used for your benefit and profit. Gas: was also billed $10.00 for gas that was apparently used by your employees to operate my car, when I picked up my car I was told that I needed to fuel it as it had very little gas in it, I delivered the car with sufficient fuel and find it difficult to believe that $10.00 worth of fuel plus the fuel already in the tank was expended to test the car. I expect this charge to be refunded.
Cost: $114.12 $50 mat’l + tax = $54.12, $50 labor, $10 gas

• 500 Mile Service: I was advised that I would be charged additional costs to perform the 500 mile engine service and that if no service was done the engine warranty would not be honored. I have already paid for extensive work on the car and it would seem logical that any follow up work to assure that the engine is functioning properly would already be factored into the work paid for, or as part of the warrantee I am also unclear as to the warrantee terms as the current work on my car was precipitated upon damage to my engine which occurred after you had performed services on it and I had driven it less than 30 miles before the engine received the damage it experienced and no offer of warranty was made. My calculations indicate a discrepancy of between $241.50 and $343.03 in actual monetary costs that I can document in addition to the other items such as freon, cleaning, proper installation of brackets, etc., that I would like to give you the opportunity to correct in-house rather than going to a third party.

I have enjoyed a positive relationship with Conely’s and have entrusted your business to care for my car, as have many people, and Conely’s enjoys a good reputation for customer satisfaction and as the people to go to when G/N’s or other specialty cars need expert work. I believe that the problems I have encountered are aberrations and not typical of your business practice. Conely’s has a reputation for being ethical, professional and trustworthy. I understand that mistakes occur and cannot be corrected unless and until they are brought to someone’s attention, and it is in that spirit that I am writing this letter. I anticipate that these problems will be remedied quickly and that we can continue doing business.
Thank you for your prompt attention to these matters,

Darrell S. Lewis

I wouldn't let them change my oil.
Unless they have had a major change of ethics recently, I would double check everything they do and certainly what they are charging you for. Sadly my personal experience with them is that they are unscrupulous, incompetent and are now only interested in ricers and their dyno.
But then again, they did take me for $6K and swapped my engine block with someone elses, I discovered this along with leaking oil guage, broken driver seat bracket, missing T/C cover, & missing I/C fan (so far) after sending the following letter (which they have yet to respond to, but,hey, its only been 3+ years), so I might be a bit biased...

August 27, 2003

Attention: Janace Conely

Conely’s Performance Plus
1443 A Aldine Bender
Houston, Texas 77032

Dear Janace,

As you know, on Monday August 25, 2003 I picked up my car. It was in the evening and I did not have a great deal of time to go over the vehicle as everyone was preparing to leave for the night. I was concerned about having to purchase a new battery to replace one that was in perfectly good condition when I left my car with you but I had no choice. I was not able to inspect the car and had no reason to expect any problems after having nearly $6,000.00 worth of work done. I noticed another problem when I drove the car home and the air conditioner was not working properly; the fan was blowing but the air was not blowing cold. I inspected it upon arrival home and noted that the a/c clutch would not engage for any period of time. I did not drive the car the following day and when I was able to inspect my car more fully and to review the bill I noted several major problems associated with both my billing and my vehicle. The following problems are presented in no particular order, however I do expect all of these problems to be corrected, as none of the following problems were present when you received care, custody and control of my vehicle:

 A/C System: The air conditioning system has been discharged to below operating level, A/C fan clutch will not engage for more than a few seconds indicating that freon level has been depleted to a level that is insufficient to activate pressure switch. The A/C system was fully functioning when you received my car to work on.
Cost: Freon/oil/repairs sufficient to restore proper operating condition.

 Optima Battery: I delivered my car with an Optima gel-cell battery, which was only a few months old, and in perfect working condition when you received my car. I was notified that the battery was discharged and no longer functioning and I was compelled to purchase a replacement battery from you at a cost of $59.00 + tax and to date no offer to replace my battery has been made. The Optima battery was new and under warranty and valued at approx. $150.00, a simple phone call to me to pick the battery up, or placing it on a charger, would have prevented the battery from being ruined. It is now out of warranty and the pro-rata cost of replacing it is approx. $50.00 I expect it to be replaced with a like battery under warranty or be compensated in order that I can replace it myself and that you accept your battery in return and refund my cost.
Cost: $114.90 prorate ($64.90 + $50.00) Full cost: $216.44 ($64.90 + $151.54)

 Fram Sure-Drain oil drain plug: I had installed a special oil drain plug (Fram Sure-Drain) when I received my car back it was missing and replaced with stock plug. I expect this part to be replaced with correct item or that I be compensated for the replacement cost.

 Cost: $12.47Brackets: Several brackets and various components were left unsecured/disconnected in the engine compartment and need to be properly installed. (Also a plug at the transmission is not connected, however this might be the lock-up switch that I was advised was not functioning) It is possible these items were left unsecured until the 500-mile check to expedite service to the engine.
Cost: N/A

 Torque Converter: Chris suggested that the torque converter be upgraded and that the replacement would be for the part only without a labor charge since the engine would be out of the car and the exchange would be very simple and straightforward. I agreed to this offer but the upgrade was never installed. I am hoping that you will honor your original offer to install the T/C with no labor charges, as was agreed upon.

 Car Interior: The driver’s side door upholstery is stained with grease as is the steering wheel, door strap, shift handle and other interior areas. The driver’s side floor mat is also damaged with greasy stains and has been torn. This is a custom floor mat with and embroidered logo and difficult to replace. The exterior of the car around the hood was also left filthy with greasy handprints.
Cost: N/A if done in-house

 Billing: I noted that I was charged $50.00 Material and $50.00 labor for “Shop Supplies” This is unacceptable as I have already paid for the cost of any supplies or materials and I am being double-billed. It is obvious that your employees did not use cleaning supplies during the repair of my car as witnessed by the deplorable condition my car was left in. I expect this charge to be refunded to me as any supplies were used for your benefit and profit. Gas: was also billed $10.00 for gas that was apparently used by your employees to operate my car, when I picked up my car I was told that I needed to fuel it as it had very little gas in it, I delivered the car with sufficient fuel and find it difficult to believe that $10.00 worth of fuel plus the fuel already in the tank was expended to test the car. I expect this charge to be refunded.
Cost: $114.12 $50 mat’l + tax = $54.12, $50 labor, $10 gas

• 500 Mile Service: I was advised that I would be charged additional costs to perform the 500 mile engine service and that if no service was done the engine warranty would not be honored. I have already paid for extensive work on the car and it would seem logical that any follow up work to assure that the engine is functioning properly would already be factored into the work paid for, or as part of the warrantee I am also unclear as to the warrantee terms as the current work on my car was precipitated upon damage to my engine which occurred after you had performed services on it and I had driven it less than 30 miles before the engine received the damage it experienced and no offer of warranty was made. My calculations indicate a discrepancy of between $241.50 and $343.03 in actual monetary costs that I can document in addition to the other items such as freon, cleaning, proper installation of brackets, etc., that I would like to give you the opportunity to correct in-house rather than going to a third party.

I have enjoyed a positive relationship with Conely’s and have entrusted your business to care for my car, as have many people, and Conely’s enjoys a good reputation for customer satisfaction and as the people to go to when G/N’s or other specialty cars need expert work. I believe that the problems I have encountered are aberrations and not typical of your business practice. Conely’s has a reputation for being ethical, professional and trustworthy. I understand that mistakes occur and cannot be corrected unless and until they are brought to someone’s attention, and it is in that spirit that I am writing this letter. I anticipate that these problems will be remedied quickly and that we can continue doing business.
Thank you for your prompt attention to these matters,

Darrell S. Lewis

Darrell,
I would say if you have a problem with the Conley's go to the shop like a man and talk with them. Don't run their name in the dirt on the net. Im sorry for what happened to you.. I do all my own work and don't have to worry about any of that.Im sure you guy's can come to some arrangement..

Warren Moore

Darrell,
I would say if you have a problem with the Conley's go to the shop like a man and talk with them. Don't run their name in the dirt on the net. Im sorry for what happened to you.. I do all my own work and don't have to worry about any of that.Im sure you guy's can come to some arrangement..

Warren Moore

Dear Warren,
Been there, done that, "like a man". :cool: I was ripped-off and the business refuses to correct the problem. This isn't a spat with a buddy who screwed something up, this is a legitimate reply regarding a for-profit enterprise and their performance as related by a customer.
This forum is for feedback, which you provided and I am providing as well. I'm no more running their name in the dirt than you are deifing them. They did what they did. I provided a copy of the letter I sent; had they remedied the situation I would done one of several things:
posted the corrections;
not responded at all, because there was not a problem.
I'm sorry for what happened to me as well, the only difference is I'm out a considerable amount of money.:eek:
I don't see how it is wrong to provide a caveat to others. I am not the only person who is alienated from this business, I have spoken to several former customers with similar encounters, perhaps not as costly as mine.
If you do all your own work, then why go to a mechanic? :confused:

I go when I know I need a professional to do the work, implicit in that agreement is that the work will be done properly and I will be dealt with ethically and fairly.
I am glad you received proper service, you have an opportunity on this forum to relate that to other members. Surely you would not censor my voice to do exercise the same opportunity regarding improper service.
I did not start a flame againt CPP, I simply responded to your post.
My Yin to your Yang.
Happy Motoring!

D :)

Dear Warren,
Been there, done that, "like a man". :cool: I was ripped-off and the business refuses to correct the problem. This isn't a spat with a buddy who screwed something up, this is a legitimate reply regarding a for-profit enterprise and their performance as related by a customer.
This forum is for feedback, which you provided and I am providing as well. I'm no more running their name in the dirt than you are deifing them. They did what they did. I provided a copy of the letter I sent; had they remedied the situation I would done one of several things:
posted the corrections;
not responded at all, because there was not a problem.
I'm sorry for what happened to me as well, the only difference is I'm out a considerable amount of money.:eek:
I don't see how it is wrong to provide a caveat to others. I am not the only person who is alienated from this business, I have spoken to several former customers with similar encounters, perhaps not as costly as mine.
If you do all your own work, then why go to a mechanic? :confused:

I go when I know I need a professional to do the work, implicit in that agreement is that the work will be done properly and I will be dealt with ethically and fairly.
I am glad you received proper service, you have an opportunity on this forum to relate that to other members. Surely you would not censor my voice to do exercise the same opportunity regarding improper service.
I did not start a flame againt CPP, I simply responded to your post.
My Yin to your Yang.
Happy Motoring!

I buy parts from them... that is it.

Happy Motoring to you as well!:)

Ever since LC left the place is getting worse. I had a hot wire kit installed in a car, Seemed simple. Well two days later the relay fryed. It looked like it was put together by a five year old. crappy tape job and everything. And since I have started selling my car I am quickly finding out how many people they have screwed. I have had people refuse to even look and my car after finding out Conleys have worked on it. And these are repeat buick guys saying this. Just my .02

Ever since LC left the place is getting worse. I had a hot wire kit installed in a car, Seemed simple. Well two days later the relay fryed. It looked like it was put together by a five year old. crappy tape job and everything. And since I have started selling my car I am quickly finding out how many people they have screwed. I have had people refuse to even look and my car after finding out Conleys have worked on it. And these are repeat buick guys saying this. Just my .02

The same thing is happening to me... I had a really nice radiator installed there... for 2100$

I actually took the car there when I first bought it to get it looked over. I had the "spring cleaning" done (a basic spark plug change is what I got, didnt even change the oil). The Radiator in the car was busted so I told them I wanted an upgrade. They showed me the one in their 1000hp street car and said it was only 400$. I figured with this Houston heat I needed the best one possible so I said go for it. It was a custom install, but some how I got charged 900$ for the total install... Since it really was a bitchen piece I didnt mind that much but here is what got me... The car still was not running right. They said it was the fuel pump... little did I know that the fuel pump was a BRAND NEW walbro unit that was 3 months old. So I said OK, replace it. The quoted me a parts price, but that didnt include labor. I was under the assumption that I was spending 1100$ for the radiator the fuel pump and the "performance tune"/Spring cleaning... Well they called me a day after it was supposed to be ready and said the stock MAF was dead... I said OK replace it. I wanted to get an aftermarket MAF/Translator but they talked me out of it... If I had known the price of a stock MAF I would have went with a new unit.... SO... the car was finally ready... I walked in the office and they handed me a 2100$ bill... I just about **** my pants... Not once did they tell me that it was gonig to be this much. The original quote I got from them was 1100$... Well I paid them considering that they had my car... overall I spent a bit over 600$ on parts and 1500$ on labor!

Now this was purely a green mistake... I had no idea that the F-body radiators would bolt in for 100$ or that the stock radiators were 130$... Im also having doubts that the fuel pump was really dead, and that it was just a MAF problem... My biggest problem was the fact that no one ever gave me a total including labor. I only got the parts cost. To this day I still feel cheated, and I dont like to admit that I paid that much money. I had only worked on motorcycles before this and assumed that this was not a conventional car that could be worked on by anyone... my mistake.

Oh and when I got the car back from the so called performance tune... It was running at 12psi when I installed a boost guage :rolleyes:

The only thing I have nice to say about the shop is that they are very nice people and they do stand beingd their work... I would buy parts from them in the future, but im not sure if I would have them work on my car again. I dont think I can afford it...

The same thing is happening to me... I had a really nice radiator installed there... for 2100$

I actually took the car there when I first bought it to get it looked over. I had the "spring cleaning" done (a basic spark plug change is what I got, didnt even change the oil). The Radiator in the car was busted so I told them I wanted an upgrade. They showed me the one in their 1000hp street car and said it was only 400$. I figured with this Houston heat I needed the best one possible so I said go for it. It was a custom install, but some how I got charged 900$ for the total install... Since it really was a bitchen piece I didnt mind that much but here is what got me... The car still was not running right. They said it was the fuel pump... little did I know that the fuel pump was a BRAND NEW walbro unit that was 3 months old. So I said OK, replace it. The quoted me a parts price, but that didnt include labor. I was under the assumption that I was spending 1100$ for the radiator the fuel pump and the "performance tune"/Spring cleaning... Well they called me a day after it was supposed to be ready and said the stock MAF was dead... I said OK replace it. I wanted to get an aftermarket MAF/Translator but they talked me out of it... If I had known the price of a stock MAF I would have went with a new unit.... SO... the car was finally ready... I walked in the office and they handed me a 2100$ bill... I just about **** my pants... Not once did they tell me that it was gonig to be this much. The original quote I got from them was 1100$... Well I paid them considering that they had my car... overall I spent a bit over 600$ on parts and 1500$ on labor!

Now this was purely a green mistake... I had no idea that the F-body radiators would bolt in for 100$ or that the stock radiators were 130$... Im also having doubts that the fuel pump was really dead, and that it was just a MAF problem... My biggest problem was the fact that no one ever gave me a total including labor. I only got the parts cost. To this day I still feel cheated, and I dont like to admit that I paid that much money. I had only worked on motorcycles before this and assumed that this was not a conventional car that could be worked on by anyone... my mistake.

Oh and when I got the car back from the so called performance tune... It was running at 12psi when I installed a boost guage :rolleyes:

The only thing I have nice to say about the shop is that they are very nice people and they do stand beingd their work... I would buy parts from them in the future, but im not sure if I would have them work on my car again. I dont think I can afford it...

Guys, while I do complain about the prices and making dumb mistakes I want yall to know that they do stand behind their work... I went back and reread what I wrote, and yes I am mad about how it turned out, but they are decent people who run a grand national/t-type specific shop and do know their stuff.

If you have a problem with anything they have done, almost everyone I have talked to said they will stand behind their work...

In the end it was me who ran up my own bill by just not knowing enough or asking enough questions.

My original post was quite harsh, but the edit option is gone... Seriously though they do good work, and the only "bad" thing I have ever heard anyone say about them is that you has better be willing to pay an arm and a leg... BUT just remember that by paying extra you have all the technical support you'll ever need and someone to blame if something goes wrong... and they will fix what goes wrong...

about 2 months after I had all of that work done on my car the MAF they gave me went dead... I called them up and they said to bring it buy. They replaced it free of charge no questions asked...

Janice, Chris, and Jeff are all good people who have been contributing to the turbo buick world since the beginning and me running their name through the mud wasnt the right thing to do.

Well, its a start I guess. Caveat emptor.
Too little, too late for me and many others.
I can only go by my experience with them and will do business elsewhere, and encourage everyone else I speak to to do the same.

Darrell,

Warren Moore

Warren, I did go and talk to them they said they would look into it. I spent almost 12000 at there place only to have a main cap break on a motor that was making less than 300HP. Conley's ROCKED when LC was there, but since Chris took over its become more about the money than the love of cars, let alone the reputation. I own a business and I know that if something goes wrong you do your damndest to make it right. Hell if they would have at least covered some of the labor I would have been paying them the money right now, but instead Chris decided to treat me like a common customer buying an oil filter, rather than a friend and a loyal defender of their name. Well after that I shall defend no more.

Guys, while I do complain about the prices and making dumb mistakes I want yall to know that they do stand behind their work... I went back and reread what I wrote, and yes I am mad about how it turned out, but they are decent people who run a grand national/t-type specific shop and do know their stuff.

If you have a problem with anything they have done, almost everyone I have talked to said they will stand behind their work...

In the end it was me who ran up my own bill by just not knowing enough or asking enough questions.

My original post was quite harsh, but the edit option is gone... Seriously though they do good work, and the only "bad" thing I have ever heard anyone say about them is that you has better be willing to pay an arm and a leg... BUT just remember that by paying extra you have all the technical support you'll ever need and someone to blame if something goes wrong... and they will fix what goes wrong...

about 2 months after I had all of that work done on my car the MAF they gave me went dead... I called them up and they said to bring it buy. They replaced it free of charge no questions asked...

Janice, Chris, and Jeff are all good people who have been contributing to the turbo buick world since the beginning and me running their name through the mud wasnt the right thing to do.

Many of you know my story and my opinion, but I'm gonna say it again. I wouldn't trust this shop to install a headlight, much less build a race car for me. LC was a GN genius in his day, however, I haven't seen anything new or groundbreaking come out of CPP in years. How many CPP cars do we see taking wins at races? I used to see the stickers in the back of every other car's window. Now? I don't think so. Last time I drove by I saw quite a few other than Buick type vehicles being worked on. I'd hardly call this a GN/T-Type specialty shop any more.

My personal experience was a total disaster. First off, the car never ran right. Secondly, I got no info as to who dd the exhaust, who built the motor, etc..etc... When the motor was finally torn down, you could grab the top of the pistons and shake them around in the cylinders it was so loose. I have pictures if anyone cares to see. The only good thing I got from there was a great exhaust system and the detail work on the motor was very nice. And we all know how shiny, painted engine compartments make the cars run great, right?

Seriously guys... Almost everyone I talk to has had a bad experience at this place. There's a few success stories, but they're the ones that LC personally oversees.... His "see, we can do it" cars, if you will. but for the most part, this shop has regressed into a run of the mill "Tuner" shop.

---Ron Carlin Jr.

I gaved up going to conley's for various reasons. Let's just say im doing my own work and i saved a quite few of money.

1200$ for a cam swap bill, after being quoted 600$ verbually?
change my whole interest of the shop.:rolleyes:

Why did Lawrence leave? I met him at the shoot-out in Oklahoma, and he hade Category 6 there. I Didn't chat with Lawrence much, but was real nice when i did.

Either way, makes me sick to hear that he's gone from the shop and his kid or who ever it is, is taking it over and running it down hill.

-Adam

First off, LC is still at the shop. He still tunes customer’s cars and goes to the track with them.
I would like to start by apologizing to those of you that have had an unsatisfactory experience with C.P.P. We value our customers and our goal is to make them happy. Some of your complaints are from a few years back and I can assure you that I have made changes to the shop to keep this from happening to anyone else.
Over the past year, I have been in the process of getting rid of sub-standard employees and hiring top quality mechanics / technicians who take pride in there work and do not want a car to leave till its right. My goal is to satisfy ALL of our customers, like "Mr. Scruggs" who started this thread.
I know for some of you it’s too late to regain your business and that disappoints me. All I can do is keep improving our quality and service to please existing and future customers.
If anyone would like to speak with me personally, Please feel free to call me at the shop 281-540-FAST or e-mail me directly at BAGN231@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time,
Chris Conley

Guys and Gals , I have probably with out a doubt put more $$ into building my car at Conleys than most. They built my 12 sec 1986 GN, into "FEAR", my new stage 2 beast. Larwrence and Chris, both worked on this car and yes, Lawrence and Chris both, still tune on it and take much pride in it. I shopped around, and what I liked about these guys, was they operated with more integrity than most shops I had ever been involved with. Im from Dallas TX and we had alot of tuner shops and supposide bad Azz places to get performance work done. But every shop still pretty much worked the same, they always take my money, but never gauranteed anything. My brothers Camaro Z28, got taken by some pretty well known racer shops in Dallas TX, for more than $10,000,and got a car back that was wrecked. You think you had it bad, no way. Jeff at Conleys drove a truck with a friend to Dallas TX for pretty much free, and snagged this car from the guys holding it, since the owner of the shop left town. They brought it back to Conleys to do the job right, and thats build a fast Azz car. Conleys, goes to the track with me, they Pit crew me, they treat me with respect and yes, of course, i have paid money to get a service, Hell, I ve paid money to get a Fast Azz, unique GN, but they always go above and beyond. I took my car here in San Antonio to a reputable tuner shop to do some little stuff, and he flat said, Conleys needs to be touching this car, they know it front and back and he was right. No one is perfect, no shop is perfect, but when the day is over, am I being serviced the way I am suppose to be serviced. They back their work and thats why I will always go back. Building these Buicks, with old school tech, isnt the easiest to do and the faster we go, the more things we take chances in breaking. Ive learned alot from Chris and Lawerence, and that you can build a car and like any job where service is King, build relationships too. I can call these guys anytime for assist, they are my 911 for car assist for Gods sake. Good people, and good at what they do. If any of you want to see the workmanship of Conleys, I'll have it in Houston Raceway, friday and Saturday at Pinks All out.

O.k.

Guys and Gals , I have probably with out a doubt put more $$ into building my car at Conleys than most. They built my 12 sec 1986 GN, into "FEAR", my new stage 2 beast. Larwrence and Chris, both worked on this car and yes, Lawrence and Chris both, still tune on it and take much pride in it. I shopped around, and what I liked about these guys, was they operated with more integrity than most shops I had ever been involved with. Im from Dallas TX and we had alot of tuner shops and supposide bad Azz places to get performance work done. But every shop still pretty much worked the same, they always take my money, but never gauranteed anything. My brothers Camaro Z28, got taken by some pretty well known racer shops in Dallas TX, for more than $10,000,and got a car back that was wrecked. You think you had it bad, no way. Jeff at Conleys drove a truck with a friend to Dallas TX for pretty much free, and snagged this car from the guys holding it, since the owner of the shop left town. They brought it back to Conleys to do the job right, and thats build a fast Azz car. Conleys, goes to the track with me, they Pit crew me, they treat me with respect and yes, of course, i have paid money to get a service, Hell, I ve paid money to get a Fast Azz, unique GN, but they always go above and beyond. I took my car here in San Antonio to a reputable tuner shop to do some little stuff, and he flat said, Conleys needs to be touching this car, they know it front and back and he was right. No one is perfect, no shop is perfect, but when the day is over, am I being serviced the way I am suppose to be serviced. They back their work and thats why I will always go back. Building these Buicks, with old school tech, isnt the easiest to do and the faster we go, the more things we take chances in breaking. Ive learned alot from Chris and Lawerence, and that you can build a car and like any job where service is King, build relationships too. I can call these guys anytime for assist, they are my 911 for car assist for Gods sake. Good people, and good at what they do. If any of you want to see the workmanship of Conleys, I'll have it in Houston Raceway, friday and Saturday at Pinks All out.

I am glad you had a positive experience with Conleys. We had much the opposite experience and after lots of money and time at thier shop we too found another shop that did what was supposed to be done to perform the way they said it would. I agree that they are very nice people to talk to, but despite the changes Chris has said he has done we will not give them another penny. I was contacted by LC when I responded to another post last year that he wished to discuss it in private, but after leaving all my contact #s never heard from him again. I would have loved for my brother to be compensated something for the at least $6000 that he gave them for a car that ran mid 12s when he got it back(that was with LC driving). I still have all the reciepts and a copy of LCs email for a private talk about the matter. Everything they did had to be redone within the first year as well as the torque converter and mismatched injectors and pistons that you could move around in the cylinder after removing the head. For much less money and at another well known shop with a well known turbo 6 mechanic, the car ran low 11s right out of the shop(not dropping any names though). I am glad you have had a positive experience with Conleys, but my brother Ron who posted above had a very bad experience and a lot of others around here have similar stories. That was our experience with Conleys and just my feelings.
Shawn Carlin