CO2 BOTTLE LOCATION

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
We can install the CO2 bottle in the Car? Their is no rule that it must be mounted in the trunk?
I have plans of mounting it behind the driver seat.

Thanks
Joe

Yes, in the car is ok. I have mine behind the passenger seat so I can reach it to make sure its on before a pass while in the staging lanes. I would just make sure its accessible without too much of a hassle.

I have mine mounted in the trunk it's a 2.5lb bottle .
IMG_8569.JPG

I have a 5lb bottle behind the pax seat for shifter and wastegates. Hopefully I can run the lines in the next couple of weeks.

Can you believe it that the Freakin Saftey valve popped on me yesterday. I never got to use the CO2. Lucky I was not in the car when it happened.
My Bottle full was at 2000 psi. I emailed Biondo yesterday and they told me that I either had too much pressure!!!! Not! or too much heat!!! if it was too hot I would be roasting in the car. I am up in Canada and we don't have that crazy heat like the U.S. have.
Have any of your Bottles Pop before??

Joe

As in, with a seat belt/harness on....:D

Absolutely, thats part of the pre run checklist lmao. No CO2 = wasted run. I don't think I've ever forgot to have it on but been close.

Putting it behind drivers seat seems hard to reach, especially if its a Kirkey seat or similar.

Only thing bad about the trunk is if for some reason you develop a leak in the lines and don't want it on longer than you need. I've had slow leaks a few times....