Closed Loop wide band O2

86SS86LS

From what I've seen, there are 2 ways to allow a wideband to control A/F ratio at WOT. 1) Purchase the TurboTweak 6.0 chip and powerlogger or 2) Go with the Gen 2 MAF translator and Extender chip.

My preference would be to use the GEN 2 translator with the 5.6 TurboTweak chip that I already own. Unfortunately the wide band tracking feature of the GEN 2 translator is not compatable with any other chips aside from the extender chip.

The overall cost would be a little lower with the GEN 2 translator because I already have an LS1 MAF, and it would allow me to sell the 2 stock MAF's that I own to recoup some of the investment. Also, I would need to purchase a laptop if I bought a powerlogger, but I do like the features of the powerlogger aside from enabling wideband control.

So for those that are using either system for wideband control of A/F; what are some of the advantages and disadvantages?.....and have you noticed any performance gains?

I'm running the Gen 2 and Extender Extreme chip. After getting the fuel parameters dialed in, the WB tracking is amazing as it will lock onto the programmed air/fuel reading during WOT. This made my transition to alky very quick and without much of a learning curve. I've picked up better than .4 and 3 mph since adding the Gen 2 and Alky Control kit, over running 110 race gas with the Commander chip on the same tune (timing 23/21, 22# boost). With the wideband set at 10.5 there still is more left the car at those settings. My experience with the Gen 2 has been wonderful, the car idles great and runs out like a top.

I'm going with option 1. Power logger gives me a window into the computer and I'm going to connect an A/F meter on the second WB lead from the LC-1. That and Eric is the man for chips.

I've read a little on Eric's speed density chip, but it sounds a little advanced for me.....more for the hardcore tuners. I want something simple and easy to use. If I do go with turbotweak, I'd upgrade to the 6.0 chip that features wideband control.

TT speed density and wide band tracking?

BW

Switching from the extender to the tt on my blue limited = no more dying after a burnout and horrible idle quality.

A huge thanks to him for making my cars run what they do.

BW