Chute Questions

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Is their a special Pin for when the Chute is not in use or just use your imagination?
And for the Cable... just mount it as far as possible from the Chute so when it deploys. the cable
is not in the way!!

Thanks

Is their a special Pin for when the Chute is not in use or just use your imagination?
And for the Cable... just mount it as far as possible from the Chute so when it deploys. the cable
is not in the way!!

Thanks
There are some limitations in the rulebook. The cable has to be secured no more than 12 inches from the chute, or something like that. I bought "Remove before Flight" pins that actually clip on. I had just a regular pin but it was lost once so the clip-on I think is better.
Pictures of the cable bracket are on page 3 of this post.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/parachute-suggestions-needed.386122/page-3
Allan G.

ive seen most people use acouple inches or pull ... how ever much the lever pulls to deploy it. Never seen a clip on the end ? But ive never ummm yeah been fast enough to need a chute

I don't use anything other than the cable to hold mine shut. You can use a small nail for a safety pin if you feel like you need something. The more expensive launcher chutes have a large safety pin that prevents the spring launcher to activate but you also have to use those large pins to re-pack the chute.

I bought a safety Pin like the ones used on Hitches. Thanks for confirming about just having the Cable holding the Chute shut. That is what I had in mind.
Thanks guys for helping.
I will post up my quick set up how I used a class II Hitch and Tongue and converted it to a chute kit..:)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Here's a pic showing you how the cable has to be attached.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1407863641.455802.jpg

OK I see that you have a sort of hanger holding the Cable at the back. So at the front of the Chute only the
Inner Core is what's holding the Chute from deploying? That is what I would think!

Yes just the inner core is holding the chute closed. If I need to remove the cable is use a thin nail to hold the chute closed.

Any easy way to connect the spring loaded Pilot to the Chute? I have been searching the net and cannot find anything.