Chip ID

davidm2003

1stSgt USMC
Can anyone ID this chip? I know it's probably not stock but I need to know what I'm running.
20161207_152448.jpg
20161207_152504.jpg

Can't help with ID'ing it other than confirm its not stock. If it was my car I'd just chuck it and go with a TurboTweak or Baily chip.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I've been having some knocking and pinging going on in the engine bay ever since moving from N.C. to A.Z. and I'm assuming it's due to the tune on the chip and change of climate.

SP11A , we called it the "Street Plus 11A", was state of the art back in the day (late 90's). The exact configuration is tough to know without knowing exactly when it was bought. Judging by the handwriting, its probably a bootleg, (since the handwriting doesn't look like mine)

In any case, those ran fine and are probably not the root cause of detonation, I would make sure your boost is under control and try buying fuel at a different station.

Bob

Yeah, I'll try that.
SP11A , we called it the "Street Plus 11A", was state of the art back in the day (late 90's). The exact configuration is tough to know without knowing exactly when it was bought. Judging by the handwriting, its probably a bootleg, (since the handwriting doesn't look like mine)

In any case, those ran fine and are probably not the root cause of detonation, I would make sure your boost is under control and try buying fuel at a different station.

Bob
Well, seeing that you are from Michigan and I bought my car from a woman in Michigan, it's likely not a bootleg chip. I'm definitely going to explore more fuel options around town here but I'm running out of options. The gas on base sucks, and I really don't think Sams Club is very good either. I usually go to Chevron but I'm tempted to put a couple gallons of Sunoco 100 octane but I don't like that it's leaded, I don't want to foul the O2 sensor. I don't know how my boost could be any different than stock since everything under the hood is nearly factory.

the sunoco might be unleaded, they have a couple grades of unleaded "race gas"

post back if additional octane helps.

Bob