Centerline Rev nightmare

No. Already committed to attending a Turbo Buick get together that we are having in CT. Was supposed to be today but postponed until next Saturday due to rain.

Latest! This is almost getting comical. Sent those two wheels back and not having much luck with Jegs on an outcome. Almost thinking of going with the skinnies on front instead of the 6" wide ones. Unfortunately already got tires for the 6" ones. Made in America kids!

----------------------

Mr Hueffman,

I had 4 of the 8 wheels that we had in stock pulled. The 4 that were pulled ALL had holes in the welds. They are currently getting the rest of the stock pulled to inspect. They will not be able to get anything shipped (if any of the rest of the wheels are in good shape) until 10/14. I will keep you posted on what I find out from my warehouse. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You,
Kelly Marlin

10/20/09 update! Need a laugh??????????

OK, Jegs says wheels have been shipped as well as four of the same center caps. Cool. Checking with FedEx and scheduled for delivery today! Get home at 4:30 expecting to see them at my front door and nothing.

FedEx site says they were delivered at 10:30AM. Call Jegs, will have to go thru FedEx to file lost/stolen delivery AND by mistake they sent me FOUR wheels.:confused: Getting near 5PM and noticed packages that were going out for my customers had not been picked up yet, hmmmmmm, have my wife check the mailbox at the street to see if mail was delivered and it was! Figure it out yet???

Freaking mailman picked up the HUGE box that they sent with two wheels in it AND two othe separate wheel boxes. They were clearly marked with FedEx labels. Had to drive 10 miles to the PO annex to pick them up and drop off the packages for my customers they SHOULD have picked up.

On a good note, of the four wheels, two had excellent welds and no runout so looks like we are finally good to go. The other two I would have sent back again!!!

No shows or cruises left to go to around here but the car will be looking good in the garage.;)

Got to pick them up from my tire guy tomorrow. Want to install the longer studs and paint the drums and rotors as these wheels show a bit more of them than the TT2's I have on now.

Just hope this long delay doesn't wreck the sale of my current stuff as the buyer has been waiting quite a while for them.

Got to pick them up from my tire guy tomorrow. Want to install the longer studs and paint the drums and rotors as these wheels show a bit more of them than the TT2's I have on now.

Just hope this long delay doesn't wreck the sale of my current stuff as the buyer has been waiting quite a while for them.

What kinda paint/prep are you going with on the drums/rotors? My Centerline Rev's show a bit too much on the front too and I am in need of some paint.

I had already done mine before with VHT gloss black engine paint. From having the TT2 wheels on there all these years the part that didn't use to show now does so it basically just needs a quick scuff and repaint.

Holy Moses man. Reading through this, about all you can do is get a little chuckle of disbelief of what you went through to get those wheels. Hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome, I think you will be happy with the looks.
TK

Holy Moses man. Reading through this, about all you can do is get a little chuckle of disbelief of what you went through to get those wheels. Hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome, I think you will be happy with the looks.
TK

I was laughing all the way to the post office yesterday.:biggrin: Really isn't Jegs fault but it sure is Centerlines. QC has to be non-existent there. :mad:

Been in this hobby since the mid 70's and this is the first time I ever bought their wheels, will I ever again???? Have had Cragar SS's, Cragar SST's, NUMEROUS Weld Draglites and Pro Stars, Billet Specialties and American Racing TT2's and no hassles like these have been. I refused to settle for the crappy stuff they were passing off as a quality wheel and looks like I finally have what I wanted to begin with.

If any of you out there are thinking of ordering them for your car, be aware that all sizes are NOT their touted rotary forged design. Ask first!

Todd, Congrats on your new Best ET 10.43 @ 128! I wish I would have been able to make it to Noble.

WOW Mark. I just read your post on these Wheels. I got mine from a Speed SHop here in Montreal and all 4 are perfect. I love mine. In fact I am thinking of ordering another set of 15 x 10 to put my Slicks on. I find that my 15 x 8's are a little small for the 28.5 x 10.5 Slicks.

Good Luck

Attachments

• DVC00735.jpg
    DVC00735.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 358
FINALLY! Changed out the wheels today. Still have to take some decent pics but here are a few crappy ones.

Put longer studs on the back today as well, will do the fronts when I get the time. Nice weather today so took for a cruise and brought her up to speed and all seems good. Going to take some time getting used to the new look as I had the TT2's on there for almost 10 years. Those are going to a new home on Saturday.

So here is what we have 15 x 8's on the back with 4" backspacing. 275/60 BFG drag radials, fronts are 15 x 6 with 3.5" backspacking and stock size 215/65 BFG TA radials. Back wheels fit really well, fairly tight to the frame rail but no closer than the old setup which were 15 x 7 wheels with 3 3/4" backspacing. Drivers side frame rail has always been an issue with a slight rub at the back of the rail but only if taking a tight exit ramp. That was with the old wheels, still tight with the new wheels but have really put many miles on them yet. If it still rubs I might have my welder just narrow the frame rail in that one spot.

A frustrating ordeal but stuck with it and now finally happy with the results.:)

Attachments

• newrevs 005.jpg
    newrevs 005.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 306
  • newrevs 009.jpg
    newrevs 009.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 358
  • newrevs 013.jpg
    newrevs 013.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 319
  • newrevs 006.jpg
    newrevs 006.jpg