Centerline Rev nightmare

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Tell me if you would run this wheel on your car? Backs just came in and they are one piece as advertised but the fronts, which are 15 x 6 are NOT! Called Centerline and they said SOME of the wheels ARE NOT one piece. But the welds are not acceptable to me on these so back they go! Hopefully the replacements are better.

One them looks like it has cracks on the back too.

Attachments

• badweld.jpg
    badweld.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,743
  • badweld2.jpg
    badweld2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,752
  • badweld3.jpg
    badweld3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,780
  • possiblecracks.jpg
    possiblecracks.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,703
  • possiblecracks2.jpg
    possiblecracks2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,658
Not to mention I received THREE different types of wheelcaps with them.:D

So much for MADE IN THE USA.

Pretty from the front though.

Attachments

• 3differentcentercaps.jpg
    3differentcentercaps.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 1,653
  • possiblecracks3.jpg
    possiblecracks3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,613
  • possiblecracks4.jpg
    possiblecracks4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,611
  • rev 002.jpg
    rev 002.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,387
such a corp will acknowledge the error. its just bad pr. someone in the warehouse might get a talking to....hopefully not in China....lol.

Not something I would want or trust either.

To bad you had to get them. Maybe the next set will be right?

Later AJ

I wouldnt run them either! Let us know how the next set looks, I'm interested as I am looking at those for my car...

Mark - I had these wheels ordered as well over the summer. Set-up was 15x6 and 15X8. Same issue with the welds but did not post anything at the time.

Returned them and got a full refund...went with Weld Magnum IIIs...pricey but the quality/craftmanship was above and beyond the Centerlines (Also lighter).

Bill

That sucks. Good eye, many would probably just tossed some tires on and went racing or corner carving. They doo look sexy though with those centers...

Don't know how they even get by QC if they even have that.:rolleyes: They make such a big deal about their rotary forged process but why can they do it to an 8" wide wheel but not a 6" is beyond me. Centerline Wheels

No integraty anymore. :rolleyes: Seems like everything these days is done quick fast and in a hurry. At least clean the frickin burr off. :rolleyes:

Centerline should be embarrassed the wheels made it past their Quality Control Department,unless that's the quality of their product. I'm sure it would not be acceptable to put on display to sell in a showroom or at a trade show...

Don't know how they even get by QC if they even have that.:rolleyes: They make such a big deal about their rotary forged process but why can they do it to an 8" wide wheel but not a 6" is beyond me. Centerline Wheels

Centerline should be embarrassed the wheels made it past their Quality Control Department,unless that's the quality of their product. I'm sure it would not be acceptable to put on display to sell in a showroom or at a trade show...

Well they are getting good advertising here . . .

SO sad from them.

Later AJ

Fell in love with these wheels when Todd Kay posted pics of them on his GN. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/brakes-suspensions-tires-wheels/280203-new-drag-wheels.html Only reason I ordered them so close to the end of the season was being told they had the fronts in stock but the rears would take only 10 days to get to me. We have lots of shows in CT in Sept up to mid Oct so figured why not so I pulled the trigger on them.

Have had the TT2 wheels on my GN for about 10 years now and just about every car at a cruise or show has them so thought it was time for a change. The fronts came in within a couple days and brought them along with new tires to my friends place for mounting. Always check for runout before mounting and one of them was way out! Sent that one back to Jegs and they said it would be about 4 weeks to get another one from CL BUT they had one in the showroom at Jegs they could send out. Said OK but then notice the welding job and wasn't thrilled. Decided to check the other wheel more in depth and noticed what looked like cracks on the backside. Probably would have lived with the crappy welds on the other one but that took the cake.

If you look closely at the pics you can also see that the construction of the wheels on the backside is different between the two wheels. Look at the edge by the wheel with the bad welds and then look at the wheel with the cracks and you will see what I mean.
So, waiting for the FedEx labels from Jegs to send these back. Like I said the back wheels are really nice pieces. The GN will be sitting on new shoes all winter I guess.

Well, some good news. Got the backs mounted up today and they fit perfectly. 15 x 8 with 4" backspace. BFG 275/60 drag radials. Got about 3/8" to the frame rails. Yes, I know there are only two lugs holding it on and this is pre Armor All! Got to paint the brake drums up too as these wheels don't cover up the center as much as the TT2's.

Attachments

• backstnet 001.jpg
    backstnet 001.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,494
  • backstnet 002.jpg
    backstnet 002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,448
  • backstnet 003.jpg
    backstnet 003.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,451
  • backstnet 004.jpg
    backstnet 004.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,431
Looks like the robotic welder had an issue with the tips or ran out of gas. Seen that before while breifly working in a factory.

Mark, will we see your car at he NEBRA BBQ next weekend (Oct.10th.)?...I will be there with Jack Cotton as my car is currently at his shop and I'll be picking it up and bring it to the show...

Claude. :)