Casper's Electronics

Wth, the right way? I did it the right way as well without all the bs of removing stuff that's not needed. I also removed that ugly ass plastic wire loom thats installed from caspers and used nice stuff. 15k original mile car. View attachment 296149

To each their own on how you want to install it but so everyone knows you don't have to remove all that crap to install the harness.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
How did you mount the a/c relay and fuel relay on passenger fender? The relays are different sizes that original

Can you explain how you did that the new relays will not fit on original bracket like the originals. Did you just screw the new relays in place on the original bracket?

Can you explain how you did that the new relays will not fit on original bracket like the originals. Did you just screw the new relays in place on the original bracket?

I think so. I'll get some pics. Of that also

I actually didn't mount those relays yet, but plan on just using a self tapper right through the bracket where the originals were mounted.

Attachments

• 1484270356665.jpg
    1484270356665.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 253
  • 1484270365628.jpg
    1484270365628.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 224
Looks great. I was thinking about trying to reuse the hard plastic L wire loom from original harness on the new one. Looks like I'll have to cut off caspers round loom to make it work. I haven't decided what I want to do yet
I actually didn't mount those relays yet, but plan on just using a self tapper right through the bracket where the originals were mounted.

Looks great. I was thinking about trying to reuse the hard plastic L wire loom from original harness on the new one. Looks like I'll have to cut off caspers round loom to make it work. I haven't decided what I want to do yet

I considered doing that also, but mine isn't in the greatest shape.

Last edited:
You can get it from under neath.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Finally got that last screw out that holds the inner fender well. Could not get to it from underneath. I purchased a ratchet from Harbor Freight, part # 67994. It has a 14" handle and can be used for 1/4' or 3/8' sockets. List was about $30. Had to use the 1/4" ratchet on a 10 mm socket. After getting the screw about 3/4 of the way out, it quit turning. My helper (my son) had to hold the clip that the screw goes into with a vice grip to keep it from moving. Good thing I had the fender off, making the clip easy to get to. I sure hope the rest of the job goes easier!

Finally got that last screw out that holds the inner fender well. Could not get to it from underneath. I purchased a ratchet from Harbor Freight, part # 67994. It has a 14" handle and can be used for 1/4' or 3/8' sockets. List was about $30. Had to use the 1/4" ratchet on a 10 mm socket. After getting the screw about 3/4 of the way out, it quit turning. My helper (my son) had to hold the clip that the screw goes into with a vice grip to keep it from moving. Good thing I had the fender off, making the clip easy to get to. I sure hope the rest of the job goes easier!
Keep my informed

Well I got
Keep my informed
my old harness out today wasn't to bad since I had already pulled the motor and trans two months ago. I pulled both inner fender wells out to. With motor out you can access the hard to reach bolts from engine compartment, just need two long extensions and the 10 mm socket. Really easy to access that way. Took about 30 minutes to get harness out. I spent about an hour trying to get plastic L wire bracket to work, but was unable to make it work. Just going to have to install wiring harness with supplied brackets Casper recommends. I painted the brackets black so there not that noticeable. The issue I see now is that I'm not going to be able to use spark plug wire holder that mounts on the L plastic loom. I'll have to figure something out.

I was planning on using the "L" bracket. Why couldn't you just cut off Casper's plastic loom and slip the wires in the L bracket? Also, whats the deal with the wires going to the blower fan? They seem to come out of the factory engine loom, but are not included in Casper's new harness. Or am I missing something?

I was planning on using the "L" bracket. Why couldn't you just cut off Casper's plastic loom and slip the wires in the L bracket? Also, whats the deal with the wires going to the blower fan? They seem to come out of the factory engine loom, but are not included in Casper's new harness. Or am I missing something?
The Casper harness behind the motor has the wires spread out, the bottom L harness bracket needs to be modified and also the Casper harness didn't seem to fit very well in the hard plastic even with loom removed. You might to be able to figure it out better than me. I'm changing the value covers so I'm just going to use caspers brackets and keep everything clean looking. Not sure about fan harness I know Casper deletes the fan delay relay.

The Casper harness behind the motor has the wires spread out, the bottom L harness bracket needs to be modified and also the Casper harness didn't seem to fit very well in the hard plastic even with loom removed. You might to be able to figure it out better than me. I'm changing the value covers so I'm just going to use caspers brackets and keep everything clean looking. Not sure about fan harness I know Casper deletes the fan delay relay.

I got the brackets for mine in the electrical section of Menard's. They're sturdier than the Casper's brackets.

I figured out the blower motor has its own harness. Just connects into Casper's harness. That explained one of the connectors on Casper's harness that I did not recognize.

I got the brackets for mine in the electrical section of Menard's. They're sturdier than the Casper's brackets.
My harness only came with the plastic clips that hold it to the A/C box. Do you have a pic of these brackets? What are they for? Thanks.

I found the clips to hold the harness. Now this job has been expanded to fix some oil leaks...Oil pan gasket, oil cooler adaptor, valve covers, turbo oil drain pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20170124_144220943.jpg
    IMG_20170124_144220943.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 137
I found the clips to hold the harness. Now this job has been expanded to fix some oil leaks...Oil pan gasket, oil cooler adaptor, valve covers, turbo oil drain pipe.
Got my harness out and cleaned firewall. Just ordered Eastwoods under hood semi gloss paint and their black self etching primer. Once I get firewall painted I'll install new Casper wiring harness.

Got my harness out and cleaned firewall. Just ordered Eastwoods under hood semi gloss paint and their black self etching primer. Once I get firewall painted I'll install new Casper wiring harness.
Sounds like a plan. Eastwood only has two retail stores and one of them is only 2 hours from me. Fun place to visit! Did you also buy a new fuel injector harness? I bought the Racetronix one from Don Cruz. It was $70.