Casper's Electronics

I started on mine today. Had to remove the wiper motor to get to fuse block bulkhead. Also needed a 1/4" socket to remove old bulkhead, which is not the same size socket to install new bulk head. Will continue on passenger side inner fender tomorrow.

I started on mine today. Had to remove the wiper motor to get to fuse block bulkhead. Also needed a 1/4" socket to remove old bulkhead, which is not the same size socket to install new bulk head. Will continue on passenger side inner fender tomorrow.
I have both inner fender wells out. I should be able to get to the fuse block bulkhead. Keep me posted on install pics if you have them to. Thanks I really appreciate it

Front clip, and passenger fender need to come off. Hardest part is locking everything in in the correct spot.

Attachments

• 1484101992921.jpg
    1484101992921.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Sweet Jesus you took all that apart. No need to do all that . Just need to loosen a few things and that's it. That's way over kill to do the harness and just making the task longer. Took about 2 hrs to get the old one out and the new one in when we did it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sweet Jesus you took all that apart. No need to do all that . Just need to loosen a few things and that's it. That's way over kill to do the harness and just making the task longer. Took about 2 hrs to get the old one out and the new one in when we did it.

Lol...I think he's pulling our leg!

Lol...I think he's pulling our leg!
I think so to. I just pulled motor to detail engine compartment. I'm also putting a set of champion port heads with their matching ported intake, a set of Harland sharp 1.55 roller rockers, and a matching ported tb and hemco plentum

I did it the right way. I could've installed it in in 2 hours also, but I routed it to all of the factory mounting locations.

Wth, the right way? I did it the right way as well without all the bs of removing stuff that's not needed. I also removed that ugly ass plastic wire loom thats installed from caspers and used nice stuff. 15k original mile car.
20160903_122355.jpg

To each their own on how you want to install it but so everyone knows you don't have to remove all that crap to install the harness.

Wth, the right way? I did it the right way as well without all the bs of removing stuff that's not needed. I also removed that ugly ass plastic wire loom thats installed from caspers and used nice stuff. 15k original mile car. View attachment 296149

To each their own on how you want to install it but so everyone knows you don't have to remove all that crap to install the harness.

It's in, and works...

Wth, the right way? I did it the right way as well without all the bs of removing stuff that's not needed. I also removed that ugly ass plastic wire loom thats installed from caspers and used nice stuff. 15k original mile car. View attachment 296149

Can you post some detained pics of your harness and how you ran the wires. Your engine compartment is a work of art. Nice clean work.

Thanks, forgot to put the turbo cover on before the pictures. I really don't have any detailed pics and the harness is hard to see. I can try and snap some closeups and post them but it might be awhile.

Thanks, forgot to put the turbo cover on before the pictures. I really don't have any detailed pics and the harness is hard to see. I can try and snap some closeups and post them but it might be awhile.

That's ok I want to see some pics of your great work

Are the wires going right over the top of the oil dipstick?

Well this is turning into a project. Not one like dvernst under took but a project nonetheless. I couldn't reach a screw down low in the plastic wheel house. Tried from topside and from the bottom. So off went the P/S fender. Still didn't help accessing that screw so tomorrow the hood comes off and then the inner fender brace. Then I can finally start on the harness. Definitely not a 3 hour job for me and I have a friend helping. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Well this is turning into a project. Not one like dvernst under took but a project nonetheless. I couldn't reach a screw down low in the plastic wheel house. Tried from topside and from the bottom. So off went the P/S fender. Still didn't help accessing that screw so tomorrow the hood comes off and then the inner fender brace. Then I can finally start on the harness. Definitely not a 3 hour job for me and I have a friend helping. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Reason I took mine apart as far as I did, is be sure I was trying my best to match the factory install. I kept the oval duct, but cut about 2" off of it

You can get it from under neath.