CAS V4 group purchase

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
Anyone interested? Shipping will be around $78............
4%-2 orders
6%-3 orders
10%-4 orders

From whom? And, how much $$?? For the V-4, V-4R? I may be interested also. :)

Hehe.

Do it guys, you won't regret it. It increases the :eek: :D factor by 10x. Spoolup and top end pull are dramatically increased. The car just feels like it keeps on pulling and pulling. :cool:

Jackson, are you saying its a V4 or nothing? If so, I'll just order the V4R at a later time on my own.;)

I don't think it does not matter but I e-mailed Tony Dequick on a group purchase on the V4........

Mick. I don't think it'll make a difference. After all, you're interested in a higher priced model.

Geoff

Hey guys,

I'm no expert, especially when it comes to the kind of heat you guys have to deal with, but I know that Woody (azgn) has commented on more than one occasion that in back to back testing they noticed almost no difference between a V4 and V4R, and only a slight difference between the V4 and V2 front mount in the Arizona heat on a low 11 second car. My point? you can probably save yourself some $$ by going with the regular V4 instead of the V4R. Unless of course you are planning on building a mid-low 10 second all out racecar, but then why not go with a front mount right? The V4 has been in the 10.60's so far. I personally know of 2 guys out here that are going 10.9's with the V4 and they have more left.

Just some food for thought. Hope it helps some.

Later,

Clayton

Thanks Clayton...Will the front mount really increase the coolant temp. as much as 15%?

I can attest to the front mount increasing temp by 15% (without any other things done to help the situation). This is when I lived in upstate NY too. When I had the oil cooler and tranny coolers in the radiator still hooked up and A/C installed, it was terrible trying to drive in heavy traffic with the front mount (I have Tony's first version of front mount when he first started making them). But putting in external tranny and oil coolers helped a lot. But I still really couldn't use the A/C and even with the A/C off, it still ran around 200F. Got rid of the A/C and I can ride around downtown Honolulu for hours during rushhour and never see more than 180 or so. But the question is, was it worth it? HELL YES!!! The increase in power was phenominal, especially with a bigger turbo. With just the front mount (and a chip change which may have affected the results a bit) I picked up 4 tenths in the 1/4. It's right up there with the GN1 head change from stock as far as power increase. Just my one and a half cents worth. :)

Derrick

(still fixing the bugs creeping up in my car, but I'll show it at the fastest streetcar comeptition at least.)

Hey Derrick,

I hope to meet you and see that beast run when I'm there in December. I met most of the other guys (including Guy ;) ) back in June.

Jackson, I think if you plan on driving your car alot, and like using the a/c and don't plan on turning your car into a low 10 second racecar, the V4 will be more than enough for you. Let's face it, your track seemed to be pretty strict about running 11's without a rollbar, and if you have no intention of putting a bar in the car there would be no need for a front mount. The V4 will take you deep into the 11's with your TE44 turbo as it is.

My intention is to take my V4 as deep into the 10's as I can go before I consider an upgrade. Good luck with your decision, hope this helps a little.

Yes true, can't live without a/c! But I do not drive the car every day, probally once a month :( , I drive my beat-up rust bucket everyday :D. Yes the V4 will be best for me, not looking to go toooo fast, once I hit the mid-low 12's I will be happy :) And my car gets pretty hot, at a hot day with a/c on in traffic I seen 200+! Thanks again!.........

Jackson,
When were you thinking of getting the V4? MAYBE.:rolleyes: I can after Christmas.:rolleyes:

Guy