CAS Sheetmetal Intake

JoyOf6

CAS sheetmetal intake for off-center blocks and GN1/TA/stock style heads.

Package includes Intake plus 70mm Accufab TB, Casper’s vacuum block, CAS fuel rails drilled with -8AN threads, and a CAS f.p. regulator. $1025 shipped

The rails include –AN/-AN adaptor fittings for a single -12AN fuel feed, rear -8AN fittings for crossover (crossover hose is not included), and front -6AN out to f.p. reg. The -6AN hose assembly to f.p. regulator is included. Regulator has -6AN return and -4AN gauge fittings.

Pictures below show the intake installed. Only the parts I referred to above are included in this sale. Injectors, sensors, crossover line, and metal vacuum lines are not included.

FWIW, the intake was along for the ride awhile back for 9.4s @ 143 while bolted to original-version GN1s. I liked it for its looks. Since I converted to S2 heads, I don’t need it anymore.

The front and rear pairs of intake mounting bolt holes are hogged out (“wallered out” ;) ), which was required to line up with my old GN1 heads. This caused no sealing problem and the holes could be welded and redrilled by the next owner. I used a stock GN coil/module bracket and mounting plate with the ears of the plate cut off. You could do that or you could mount the coil/module to the firewall.

$1025 shipped. (intake, rails, fittings, TB, vac block)

$775 shipped without the TB and vacuum block.

Plumbing.jpg

Fuelfeed.jpg

Engineb.jpg

Intake3.jpg

49-blues said:
Does this flow any better than a BGC or new Champion intake?

No data on its flow. Didn't matter to me, that's not why I bought it, but it'd be nice to know.

Why are you selling, what could you posibly upgrade to from this? willing to sell the 70mm Accufab TB, Casper’s vacuum block separate?

do you want money sent to email in your profile?
how much for vac block?
i cant wait to get this on my car. This is going to be sick with my cnp ls1 coil setup.

Rosewood, I finally caught up on my PM replies. Please check your PMs. Called, but couldn't leave message.

CTX-SLPR, I don't think it's any taller than a stock intake at its max height (actually I think max height at TB is shorter by ~ an inch) but of course its max height covers a lot more area rearward than the stock plenum.

GNJoe86, as I noted I converted my mid-9-sec car to Stage 2 heads so there's your answer. My new setup doesn't look as nice as the one I tore down (see first two pics below). Also, my beat-up high 10-sec daily driver doesn't deserve this intake :). I am also adding a parallel racing interest that has taken over my life and need to clear out what I have no plans to use. Instead of planning a nice retirement, this winter I'm finishing the build on a blown 555 cubic inch BBC liquid-intercooled (F3 Procharger) virgin Top Sportsman car (see third pic below). The vacuum block may be sold to the first responder for the intake (now that I think, I can't swear it was bought through Casper's or John's). TB should be available for $208 shipped.

Regards to all,

Art
P3260001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Blower1.jpg

Thanks, I'm building a hybrid so hood clearance with the new Champion intake was a concern. I'm already relocating the coil pack, type II, to the firewall and the car originally have a rear mounted distributor so that shouldn't be a problem there.

Just wish I had budgeted for this now.

Intake and vacuum block are sold.

Accufab 70 mm TB remaining for $208 shipped within the "lower 48."

Art