car running poor

Tom87GNX

I drove my car yesterday about an hour after a heavy rain which I have done countless times before with no issues, yesterday the car started to sputter, check engine lamp flashed on momentarily then back off and stayed off, idle went high when I parked and if under medium to heavier load driving it sputtered and tried to stall out. I babied it home and let it sit overnight. Today its doing the same thing. I checked to ECM for wetness etc, all is good there. Looking under the hood briefly I didnt see anything that jumped out at me. I drive this car as much as possible, many times have been in light and heavy rain and never any issues. Before the rain hit yesterday it was running awesome and I was running it hard and boosting like normal. Obviously the rain and or moisture has effected something, has anyone had a similar experience? Also to add to symptoms the radio and scanmaster were cutting off during the bog moment and would come back on (scanmaster would just show ----- ----- momentarily, and radio would go off and pop back on) Im thinking maybe water got into the bulkhead connector at the firewall? and ideas would be appreciated.

I would look at your battery cables and grounds first. Could be a loose battery cable. Check the ground wire to the block under the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

checked all the grounds, forgot to mention that but thanks for the suggestion

You unplugged it and looked in the plug sockets?
yes sir, I have it sitting on my tool box right now. It was the first thing I looked at. All the pins are clean and dry, I even remove the casing from the ECM to make sure water wasnt inside. Completely dry

Roger that. Try removing the chip and retention the leads with a safety pin.
I also checked the chip, seems to be good there too. Im wondering if water maybe got inside my MAF translator, or if water ran down the wires into the bulkhead connector at the firewall connection. I find its odd that the radio is affected, seems as though its a main power or ground source thats in question

As stated before I have been caught in heavy rain before while driving or have driven right after heavy rain and never had any issues, matter of fact last week we had a heavy down pour on my way home from work. It ran perfect all the way home, and I drove it after the rain cleared and she ran hard and strong like normal

Check the positive lead on the battery and starter. Also trace the positive cable to the starter and make sure insulation is not melted on the header.

So I believe I found the problem, typical T Top car that leaks in heavy rain. Had moisture building up somewhere, electrical issues have faded for now since its been baking in the sun. I cleaned all ECM connectors, and everything else easily accessable and put dielectric grease on everything. No more crazy electrical gremlin issues right now. Still bogging under heavy load, shes not getting enough fuel. Filter sock on fuel pump is covered in rust, time to swap out the fuel tank at minimum. I will update my end result when I get it all squared away. Im not feeling well lately and I need to better myself before I get into that. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions its much appreciated