CAN'T GET A RACE

Steveb87Gn

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHY NOBODY WANTS TO RACE A GN ON THE STREET? I'VE BEEN DRIVING MINE EVERYDAY FOR A YEAR AND EVERYDAY AT SOME POINT I'LL PULL UP NEXT TO A MUSTANG,CAMARO,CHALLENGER AND ALL KINDS OF IMPORT LITTLE RACERS ALL THEY EVER DO IS GIVE ME A THUMBS UP AND KEEP DRIVING. ANYBODY ELSE HAVE SAME ISSUES?

Same here. I was tuning my gn after installing a dw300 pump. I pulled up to the light next to a pair of Chevy SS' got a thumps up but they didnt want to play. Only car I beat on the street was my friend's V6 Mustang but I didnt know we were racing lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Get use to it that happens all the time. You will get the occasional new 5.0 or SS that wants to play and of course be careful what you wish for you just may get it. :rolleyes:

As the infamous Mean Chicken so eloquently once put it, "I consider every intersection an opportunity for a race."

Keep driving, it'll happen. Oh, and they will choose you, not the other way around. :D

I've rolled up on some quick cars such as Corvette C7, C6 Z06, Challenger Hellcat, etc. They either make sure to stay way behind me, or give me a thumbs up and then hang back. The TR is a legend and nobody wants to mess with it. I also think a lot of folks will not street race period. The penalties are much stiffer and nobody wants to lose their car. Also, cars are quite a bit faster now too. A little 0-60 stoplight action in a 14-16 sec car when we were young was not nearly as dangerous as trying to pedal 10-11 sec cars down a roadway with oncoming traffic, light poles, and pedestrians.

That's why I drive this ugly ass car....everyone knows what the black cars are

Attachments

• IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 143
Same here. I was tuning my gn after installing a dw300 pump. I pulled up to the light next to a pair of Chevy SS' got a thumps up but they didnt want to play. Only car I beat on the street was my friend's V6 Mustang but I didnt know we were racing lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
THE ONLY RACE I'VE GOTTEN IS MY BROTHERS MARAUDER. WE RACED TO 60 I WAS AHEAD BY 1 CAR LENGTH HE SAID YOU DIDNT BEAT ME THAT BAD. I TOLD HIM THATS CAUSE I WAS SPINNING TIL 35

recently I pulled up next to a z06 on the highway, he was on the right of me, and we both nodded at each other and knew what was about to go down since the road ahead was open so I started brake boosting with my dump open (right underneath the passenger seat) and as soon as the turbo spooled a little bit I put my hand on the horn to start the countdown and he started shaking his head no with his eyes wide open [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recently I pulled up next to a z06 on the highway, he was on the right of me, and we both nodded at each other and knew what was about to go down since the road ahead was open so I started brake boosting with my dump open (right underneath the passenger seat) and as soon as the turbo spooled a little bit I put my hand on the horn to start the countdown and he started shaking his head no with his eyes wide open [emoji15]

You gotta love loose converters (and open dumps) that can do that. It starts the intimidation with the turbo spooling and really helps them jump when going from a roll. Of course from your signature - PTE 6870 turbo with XFI tuning he was probably wise to back down.

Just on the way home tonight was driving in front of a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. He was racing a V6 Mustang and as he passed me and gave me the import blow off valve right by my window. So i gracefully returned the favor and he wouldnt even look at me and he stopped racing. Kinda acted like i was a cop i laughed all the way home.

You gotta love loose converters (and open dumps) that can do that. It starts the intimidation with the turbo spooling and really helps them jump when going from a roll. Of course from your signature - PTE 6870 turbo with XFI tuning he was probably wise to back down.

Yeah it seemed like one that was pretty close to stock but it still would've been fun to lay it down on him. I had some cheap little street tires on at the time (205/65/15) so who knows the joke might have been on me [emoji23]

Wait until warranties are up on some of the newer cars. The Hellcats are no joke. 95% of them are stock....for now.

Wait until warranties are up on some of the newer cars. The Hellcats are no joke. 95% of them are stock....for now.
They are also very heavy. And with the new demon coming there will be some hc in the hands of hot rodders. Time will tell, but I bet a bunch will get the underneath twitsted up like the old(86-92) 5L mustangs from launching them hard repeatedly.

They are also very heavy. And with the new demon coming there will be some hc in the hands of hot rodders. Time will tell, but I bet a bunch will get the underneath twitsted up like the old(86-92) 5L mustangs from launching them hard repeatedly.
I like that last quote

Once the warranties are done and the Hellcat computers are cracked, it's gonna be a new and different game out there. They are truly amazing cars.

On the other hand, just because someone can afford a Hellcat or Demon (when they come out), doesn't mean they should own or can drive one.