Cam Sensor Spark Issues

LAMMONS0003

I just replaced the cam sensor on my car with a Caspers cap. The light never lights even when rotated 360 degrees. I have 10.9 volts on the power wire. I have 6 volts on the trigger or signal wire all when it approaches the cut out spot in the interupter ring. A concern of mine is even when the cap is completely removed from the sensor shaft the LED never lights and signal wire still has 6 volts. While the cam sensor is on a solid part of the interupter ring voltage goes close to battery voltage or 11 volts. I have used my original ignition module and bought an adapter to 86/87 and tested with another ignition module. I am out of ideas???????

1984 Buick T Type only modifications are caspers cap and small camshaft kit.

If you're using an aftermarket 87 style ignition module, that could be the culprit. Some aftermarket modules cause the LED to not work properly. The cap was designed to work with factory OEM systems; aftermarket designs are sometimes very different than the factory specs and in fact, many times do not work at all with our turbo applications.

Advice: Do not use aftermarket ignition modules, use only AC DELCO.

If you plug the cap in and do not install the cap on the cam drive, the LED will always light (unblocked interrupter slot). NOTE with an OEM module.

If your original module is defective, the LED may not light.