Buying a Grand national

Hi everyone I'm new to this for him I'm just reaching out to see if I can find some info on buying a grand national I've grown up around them my whole life I'm just looking for some info on what to look for . If anyone could help it would be appreciated I'm looking to buy probably in the next month or two

I was in your position a while back, so I'll try to aim you in the right direction since I'm still an amateur in this. This site along with these have been the most helpful if you have the time to search and read. There is a thread on buying these cars

Gnttype.org. - google it with what your searching, its kind of a pain to search on it. Or just read all of it.

Vortexbuicks - super informative with alot more organization.

As for the car, just pay attention to the seller, as some are full of crap cause they are selling crap. I usually came across rusty floor pans, and rust spots in the trunk below the windows. You'll probably end up with a modded car that you'll need to sort out, which I found kinda fun. Engine work is not cheap, so listen to the veterans when they chime in on this topic.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Make a friend! One who knows these cars. Where are you?

Post on here what you are considering buying and learn.

I saved around $10k because a car I was buying had 213k miles, but was advertised as 13k. I was smart enough to know that it's most likely 113k, but never had any evidence.

Guys here are great, ask before you buy, not after

The books by Denis Kirban are a pretty good source of info. And like it was already said post the ones you're looking at on here and you'll get some good feedback.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The learning curve for these cars is arguably a bit steeper than most other cars. It would be best to take someone who is familiar with these cars with you. It could be the difference between enjoying your purchase for a long time or wanting to set it on fire. Plenty examples of the latter have come and gone on this board. 30+ years later many of these cars have been hacked on, butchered, abused, and passed along to the next unsuspecting person.

We have a Regional Section on this board. Post up there to find someone in your area willing to go with you. Depending on where you live that may be easier said than done. If you can't find anyone take a lot of pics of any car you're considering and post it up on this board for further scrutiny. Lots of people here who will offer their advice on how to spend your money. I'm sending you something via PM that will be helpful to get you started. Good luck with your search.

I was in your position a while back, so I'll try to aim you in the right direction since I'm still an amateur in this. This site along with these have been the most helpful if you have the time to search and read. There is a thread on buying these cars

Gnttype.org. - google it with what your searching, its kind of a pain to search on it. Or just read all of it.

Vortexbuicks - super informative with alot more organization.

As for the car, just pay attention to the seller, as some are full of crap cause they are selling crap. I usually came across rusty floor pans, and rust spots in the trunk below the windows. You'll probably end up with a modded car that you'll need to sort out, which I found kinda fun. Engine work is not cheap, so listen to the veterans when they chime in on this topic.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Thank you for the info I'm definitely going to take my time I enjoy working on them too

Make a friend! One who knows these cars. Where are you?

Post on here what you are considering buying and learn.

I saved around $10k because a car I was buying had 213k miles, but was advertised as 13k. I was smart enough to know that it's most likely 113k, but never had any evidence.

Guys here are great, ask before you buy, not after
I am in marylan

The learning curve for these cars is arguably a bit steeper than most other cars. It would be best to take someone who is familiar with these cars with you. It could be the difference between enjoying your purchase for a long time or wanting to set it on fire. Plenty examples of the latter have come and gone on this board. 30+ years later many of these cars have been hacked on, butchered, abused, and passed along to the next unsuspecting person.

We have a Regional Section on this board. Post up there to find someone in your area willing to go with you. Depending on where you live that may be easier said than done. If you can't find anyone take a lot of pics of any car you're considering and post it up on this board for further scrutiny. Lots of people here who will offer their advice on how to spend your money. I'm sending you something via PM that will be helpful to get you started. Good luck with your search.
Thank you much you pretty much mentioned all the things I were thinking thank you again for all your help