Brake ideas?

Big Stu

Flogged Donkey
I am in the process of buying a stage 2 backhalf car(thanks tyson!)and need to get front and rear brakes for it. I was considering strange or willwoods. If you guys have experiences with either, or a recommendation, please let me know. Thanks.:D

Thanks guys, since this will be a track only monster, I'll need all the stopping power I can get. I'll give baer and wilwood a call to see what they can do for me.:)

Originally posted by Big Stu
Thanks guys, since this will be a track only monster, I'll need all the stopping power I can get. I'll give baer and wilwood a call to see what they can do for me.:)

If by "track" you mean the dragstrip, the Wilwoods will do the job at half the cost of the Baers.

If by "track" you mean a road course, the Baers will be worth the cost.

I mean dragstrip, since this will be a twin turbo car. I think I will get the strange brakes, since they have the best deal going right now, and I've always liked their products. Thanks guys.:)

What deal exactly do they have going ?
Just wondering.

I have personally like the Aerospace kits. I run just the rears on my TSM car and they make a world of diffference with just the back. A cool thing with the Aerospace brakes is that you can run dual Calipers out back if desired.

I also did a set of fronts on a customers car and they were very light and easy to install.

Honestly louie, I was considering those too, just unsure if they would bolt right up to my stuff. I have gun drilled 40 spline strange axles, with the older style big ford ends. Any ideas on this?:)

I'll have to have a chute, I am building this thing to be a low seven second car when it is finished.

Holy SH*T:eek: On a brake side note. I just got the Baer's (fronts) installed on the GN. It made a world of a difference, the car stopps MUCH quicker.

Nick

I have heard a lot of good things about baer, but I think that lamb components is what I will go with, a little pricey compared to wilwoods or strange, but worth it in my humble opinion.:D

You just need somthin to stop you in a straight line on a nice day. From the sounds of it the car will never see rain or road grime. So a race brake is all that you need. I plan on driving mine as much as possible on the road. With the occasional track day and I want to try some SCCA events with it too.

Nick

Yeah, it will be a ken duttweiler monster, I will try to plant 1500+ with a backhalf car first, then convert to full tube. If I remember right, people have gone in the 7.60 range with backhalf gn's before, so this is my dream, and I'm going to give it a shot. What kind of a suspension setup are you running with your car?