Bracket for transmission lines

Bob Davi

Hello,

Just got a car back together/running, but can't figure out what holds tranny lines secure to oil pan. Can someone tell me how many brackets or clips there are for the two hard lines, and where exactly do they attach to the engine or frame??

Thanks,

Bob

Here's a picture that shows the bracket . It's marked "B" and is near the front passenger side of the pan. It's installed over a stud and uses a nut to secure it.
There is also a clip at the rear passenger side too....near the starter motor that secures the lines to the block at the back.
tranny%20lines.jpg

HI Kwiksix,

I think I have "B':...now I need to find the one in the back near starter..

Thanks for info,

the one near starter is just a shield to protect the lines from the crossover pipe heat

the one near starter is just a shield to protect the lines from the crossover pipe heat

Yup, agreed that the rear bracket is really just a shield keeping them away from the cross over pipe, however it does keep the rear part of the transmission lines somewhat secure at the same time.

Yup, agreed that the rear bracket is really just a shield keeping them away from the cross over pipe, however it does keep the rear part of the transmission lines somewhat secure at the same time.
^^^Double yup. Mine was once reinstalled incorrectly after a trans swap. The bracket was pushing the trans lines towards the cross over pipe instead of away from it. Had knock retard issues until I realized what the problem was...

Hey Bob,
If you can't find your rear transmission line shield/ bracket , suggest you post in the wanted section....I bet that there's lots of used parts that many members have kick'n around and they'd be happy to get rid of. Hey, you might even find a nice black powder coated one!

anybody have any good pics of these brackets? i have both but my front one is broken where it mounts. Also how is the back bracket secured to the lines?