BR3 VB question

6SENSE

Any of you guys recall if there is supposed to be a valve bore plug for the line bias valve on the BR3 VB (between retaining pin and valve).
Every breakdown I see of the VB shows one, but my VB doesnt have one :confused:.

Yes, you should have an end plug there. I'd offer to mail you one but I won't be back to work until the 2nd. Perhaps Bruce has an extra floating around.

No prob.....

Sure, gimme shout. Must call by Fri. After that we we reopen on the 3rd of the new year. Happy Holidays.... I do remember telling you that it was a must and it needed to be there. I have one... no prob....Call Mark and give him addy. I will just drop it in the mail..:)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Originally posted by 6SENSE
Any of you guys recall if there is supposed to be a valve bore plug for the line bias valve on the BR3 VB (between retaining pin and valve).
Every breakdown I see of the VB shows one, but my VB doesnt have one :confused:.

YES, there is supposed to be one in there. The lack of one could be the cause of your problems. Possibly the people at the Dacco Detroit store can tell you where you might get one from a tranny shop. Or you can buy a used VB from Dacco for about $20 and have some spare parts. By the way, make sure the new TV boost valve you got is not smaller than your original. And Dacco also has a Sonnax TV boost valve that is .500" instead of .471", and I highly reccommend it. Cost? About $9.00 Good luck,
Alan