Boost A Pump

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Someone have experience with a boost a pump?. I have a 430 lph pump, racetronix 8 & 6an fuel lines, fuel pump carrier, heavy duty hot wire, 80#'s and XFI. The goal is to support 10's with what I have and couple of extra volts in the tank.

There is a 9 second GN around here that runs a Boost a pump with a DW300 pump. He's also running Alky.

Wouldn't a caspers volt booster do the same thing? Supposedly it will produce 16v though I've never logged it.

Someone have experience with a boost a pump?. I have a 430 lph pump, racetronix 8 & 6an fuel lines, fuel pump carrier, heavy duty hot wire, 80#'s and XFI. The goal is to support 10's with what I have and couple of extra volts in the tank.
There are 2 kinds a street and a race.the race is to many volts for street duty and according to kb could fry a few things:eek:the street boostapump will not get to much more if any than a good volt booster and for the money really isn't worth it.

Yes there is, that's a Nick deal,talk to him as I have!!!

I now have a Boost-a-Pump on my street car which is fueled with e-85, and is a 650 RWHP build.

This unit is connected to only the in-tank DW 301 fuel pump, and is activated by a Hobbs switch at 10-12 psi boost with 17 volts!

With -8 supply line and a -6 return, this system should provide more than enough fuel for the 140# injectors well into the high 9's based upon previous experience with a few builds!

You have to get the higher amp BAP (if using a KB one) with the big walbro. I tried to use the lower amp one and it pops the fuse when turned up.

I now have a Boost-a-Pump on my street car which is fueled with e-85, and is a 650 RWHP build.

This unit is connected to only the in-tank DW 301 fuel pump, and is activated by a Hobbs switch at 10-12 psi boost with 17 volts!

With -8 supply line and a -6 return, this system should provide more than enough fuel for the 140# injectors well into the high 9's based upon previous experience with a few builds!
I didn't realize that pump was that capable. Im using a dw300 or is it a dw301, I don't have a volt booster, and I have factory lines with 80# injectors on e85.

I have a turbonetics 6668, and I'm building a stroked 109 with 9.5:1 compression, ported irons and intake.

I thought my pump wouldn't be enough for my next setup.

Do you think I just need bigger fuel lInes and a volt booster?

Thx

Sorry to hi-jack OP

A small regret might be when the voltage increases the XFI / engine controller has to reduce injector pulse width to deal with a sudden fuel volume spike. Much better than having to increase injector pulse width due to lack of fuel.

I use a casper's volt booster. When it kicks in the powerlogger shows battery voltage jumping from 13.2V to ~15.3V

MSD 2351 is the ticket. It's not cheap & neither are new short blocks.

Last edited: