Blazer Front Disc Upgrade Question

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I was going through old post where I ran across PetesGN thread about upgading to the 98-05 s10 Blazer Spindle, hub rotors, (brakes) etc for an upgrade over the stock front disc brakes. I want to retain the 15" wheels, so I limited to what I can use....

Questions are...

Does the S10 trucks vs. Blazer use the same spindle, rotor, hub, brake, set up?

Also by looking at the pictures below form some off of an 2003 s10 truck...are these what I'm needing/looking for???

Attachments

• s10 1.jpg
    s10 1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 786
  • s10 rears.jpg
    s10 rears.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 416
  • s10.jpg
    s10.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 458
  • s 10 cal.jpg
    s 10 cal.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 388
No, those are single piston brakes. You should be able to search on here and see the build thread with pics of everything. You want the dual piston brakes, which I think are specific to the blazers, not the S10 too.

the pics you showed are the same thing as what came stock on your car with an ABS sensor added to it..
i don't know how much of an "upgrade" the later Blazer brakes are- the rotor is only a little bit bigger, but i guess the multi piston caliper has some sort of a benefit..

Might want to look into the Xtreme S10. They might work too.

All you have to do is read that thread to get the answers, but since it's long and you already started this one he is all the info you need directly from that thread.

Recipe for plug n play front disc brake dual piston caliper swap.

1. Spindles from a 98' to 05' 2wd s10 blazer.
2. Calipers (dual piston) from a 98' to 05' 2wd s10 blazer.
3. Rotors for 98' to 05' 2wd s10 blazer. (can be aftermarket or stock)
4. Brake lines from 98' to 05' 2wd s10 blazer (braided or stock) or use an adapter (2 edelmann 258340 3/16- 1/4 brake line adapters) for the TB brake lines (braided or stock).
5. Wheel hubs from a from a 98' to 05' 2wd s10 blazer.
6. Cut the ABS wire harness off the hubs.

The stock master cylinder from a gbody car will work.

This will work with stock gn and t-type wheels as well as some racing wheels.(read thread for race wheels that work with this setup)

WHEN rebuilding the calipers install the pistons and seals DRY--NO LUBE--for 0 drag.

Not all S10 blazers have the dual piston calipers.

4 door 2wd and the Extreme Blazers have the dual piston calipers

1998-2005 2WD Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada only! No Trucks. Just the SUV models.

5th character of the VIN is the letter S
10th character of the VIN is the year. W=98 X=99 Y=00 1=01 2=02,etc

There's also pics on that thread of what you need if you'd like a visual aid.

I was going through old post where I ran across PetesGN thread about upgading to the 98-05 s10 Blazer Spindle, hub rotors, (brakes) etc for an upgrade over the stock front disc brakes. I want to retain the 15" wheels, so I limited to what I can use....

Questions are...

Does the S10 trucks vs. Blazer use the same spindle, rotor, hub, brake, set up?

Also by looking at the pictures below form some off of an 2003 s10 truck...are these what I'm needing/looking for???

I use 84 & 85 GN wheels with no spacers on 12" Baer brakes.
I had to use 5/32" spacers on original TR wheels.
I blasted the paint off & the GN wheels look original on my 87 TR.

I use 84 & 85 GN wheels with no spacers on 12" Baer brakes.
I had to use 5/32" spacers on original TR wheels.
I blasted the paint off & the GN wheels look original on my 87 TR.

Aren't they the exact same wheel, but the early GN wheels are just painted?

I had plan to retain an original powermaster unit....Is that a problem?

Shouldn't be an issue Scott but it is a powerbastard after all.:biggrin: You might want to convert it to hydroboost instead so it will :smile:hold better though.