BFG g-force drag radials

real99,i had one airbag fail in 13 years unfortunatley it was right before i got to the race track 2.5 hours from my house:eek: i rolled the lip so if they failed no cutting and i make sure the stance is good before i go out.i like keeping 15 to 20psi in the bags on the street never any clearance issues;)

Do you have 15x8 with the 3.5 Inch Backspacing.Also what do you mean when you rolled the lip so if they failed no cutting?? I do like the higher stance with the air bags but most guys stick with the 26 inch tall tire's.

Do you have 15x8 with the 3.5 Inch Backspacing.Also what do you mean when you rolled the lip so if they failed no cutting?? I do like the higher stance with the air bags but most guys stick with the 26 inch tall tire's.

I run mine on 15x8 drag lites with 4 in back space. To answer your question you can roll the inside of the wheel well lip up so not to make contact with your tires. I don't run air bags and have never had a problem. I do however think it really depends on what your trapping to really determine if you run 26" or 28" tires. For most about anything quicker than 12.50's you should go to a 28".

I run mine on 15x8 drag lites with 4 in back space. To answer your question you can roll the inside of the wheel well lip up so not to make contact with your tires. I don't run air bags and have never had a problem. I do however think it really depends on what your trapping to really determine if you run 26" or 28" tires. For most about anything quicker than 12.50's you should go to a 28".

I really don't race the car at the track.I just wonder if the 26 inch tall tire will be too much when building boost off the line.It hits really hard when I hit full boost and my 28's seem to grip pretty good until full boost and when it hits 2nd gear.If I had the origiginal 3.42 Gears and not the 3.73 Gear's then a 26 Inch tire would be perfect.I was told that the 3.73 Gear's take the motor out of its power range with a 26 inch tall tire.

real99,yes i run the 8 inch 3.5 inch backspacing.my experience with gears is you need less boost to 60ft the car=less loading to get the 60ft.gears are torque bottom line, are they needed no,it's just how you responsive you want the car.less gear=more loading the car,more gear= less loading the car.you won't know if leaving at 2psi with a 26inch tall tire will be as fast as 6psi leave on 28 inch tire unless you go to the track.as far as the 3.73 and 26 inch tires putting the car out of it's powerband i'm not so sure,i run a 411 geared stock cam and motor except for minor headwork and intakework on the stock head and intake,ta49 turbo,lockup protorque 10.5 on a dynoteck trans,alkycontrol and 93,kb frontmount,and some other mods,and the car runs anywhere from 118.63 to 119.48mph on a full weight car:D i am using overdrive;)

I really don't race the car at the track.I just wonder if the 26 inch tall tire will be too much when building boost off the line.It hits really hard when I hit full boost and my 28's seem to grip pretty good until full boost and when it hits 2nd gear.If I had the origiginal 3.42 Gears and not the 3.73 Gear's then a 26 Inch tire would be perfect.I was told that the 3.73 Gear's take the motor out of its power range with a 26 inch tall tire.

Why not? I take it to the track a couple of times a year just for fun. I do enjoy it because I can see how I'm actually doing. I play mostly on the street. We have a pretty good seen here in KC. Ton's of f-bodies and stangs. I'm not one to talk my 60's suck a$$. I'm still learning though, and I admit that. I was use to my old mustang, where you lined up, loaded the suspension abit, and hit the bottom amber! The converter would flash so just hang on all the work was done for you. The stang would just cut 60 ft's. Now I am having to keep some revs up, try to get my boost just right, roll in and hope for the best. I have a bad tendency to be to concerned with cutting a reaction time or whats going on the other lane and in doing so cost me boost at launch. I am hoping my new ptc will help me in that arena.:D

real99,yes i run the 8 inch 3.5 inch backspacing.my experience with gears is you need less boost to 60ft the car=less loading to get the 60ft.gears are torque bottom line, are they needed no,it's just how you responsive you want the car.less gear=more loading the car,more gear= less loading the car.you won't know if leaving at 2psi with a 26inch tall tire will be as fast as 6psi leave on 28 inch tire unless you go to the track.as far as the 3.73 and 26 inch tires putting the car out of it's powerband i'm not so sure,i run a 411 geared stock cam and motor except for minor headwork and intakework on the stock head and intake,ta49 turbo,lockup protorque 10.5 on a dynoteck trans,alkycontrol and 93,kb frontmount,and some other mods,and the car runs anywhere from 118.63 to 119.48mph on a full weight car:D i am using overdrive;)

My car also has the stock Cam but has CNC ported Race heads and matched ported intake,front mount intercooler and a Te-44.I guess my car would do fine with the 26 Inch tall tire on the street.Your right about more gear the less you have to load the car up.I prefer the 26 Inch tall tire now.I gotta find a set of good tires that can last.Probably the BFG G-Force Drag Radial's.Also what kind of stall converter do you use with the ta-49 turbo.I use the stock modified 12 inch 3000 stall converter.I was thinking about a Vigilante 9.5 3200 Inch stall converter in the future.

real99,the 10.5 inch protorque is a 3200 stall lockup. i played with a few different stalls on the 12 inch,but the protorque is sweet:biggrin:

I've run Nitto, BFG(g-force and old style), and M/Ts. The BFGs don't hook as well as M/Ts, but better than a Nitto. The Nittos are between a real drag radial and a street tire, they were the best street tires I ran on my car since they lasted forever and weren't too bad if I got caught out in the rain. A few friends have been having good luck with the Hoosiers, hook at least as well as the M/Ts on a 9/10 sec car 60 footing in the 1.3x-1.4x range but aren't too street friendly especially in the rain.

real99,the 10.5 inch protorque is a 3200 stall lockup. i played with a few different stalls on the 12 inch,but the protorque is sweet:biggrin:

I was thinking about the Vigilante 9.5 Inch Single Disc 3200 Stall lockup.I heard great things about them.I just wonder will I start to have major traction issues with the boost coming on quicker.I may step up to a Te-60 turbo in the future which is one step up from the Te-44 turbo.:cool:

real99,the 12 inch converter shocked the tires alot more than the 10.5 inch protorque,the protorque required 5 lbs less on a launch and 60ft dropped from 1.62 to 1.58:biggrin: .if you asked me which converter felt like it hits harder i would have said the 12 inch,but the time slip corrected me:mad: i have a friend that went 10.7 at 125mph on a te44.a good converter will wake up your combo;)

real99,the 12 inch converter shocked the tires alot more than the 10.5 inch protorque,the protorque required 5 lbs less on a launch and 60ft dropped from 1.62 to 1.58:biggrin: .if you asked me which converter felt like it hits harder i would have said the 12 inch,but the time slip corrected me:mad: i have a friend that went 10.7 at 125mph on a te44.a good converter will wake up your combo;)

I always thought more stall the harder it would hit.My car is a little lazy to spool up on the street but from a stop and building boost it works great.I want the car to feel like it hits harder but if I go to the 26 Inch tall tire's I might have traction problems.I only care about street performance and how it feels on the street.

I was ready to order the BFG G-Force Radials P275/50R-15's.The thing is that on my worn 275/60/15's BFG Drag Radial's there very close to the frame.Those tire's are 8.8 inches wide.The P275/50R-15's (10 Inches wide) would put me even closer to the frame.I would hate to order and spend all that money for tire's that don't fit.:rolleyes:

real99,the 12 inch spun the tire earlier in the rpm range,the 10 inch allowed the car to get to the higher rpm range or later before tire spin.the best 60ft were had right at the limit of a certain amount of rpm and boost and when the tire was about to spin.hope i haven't confused you.from a roll the 10inch felt like a night and day difference as far as responsiveness,much quicker in getting the rpms and boost numbers up which i believe my car would 60ft better with 5lbs less boost on the launch.

real99,the 12 inch spun the tire earlier in the rpm range,the 10 inch allowed the car to get to the higher rpm range or later before tire spin.the best 60ft were had right at the limit of a certain amount of rpm and boost and when the tire was about to spin.hope i haven't confused you.from a roll the 10inch felt like a night and day difference as far as responsiveness,much quicker in getting the rpms and boost numbers up which i believe my car would 60ft better with 5lbs less boost on the launch.

So for the street the 10 Inch feels alot more responsive then the 12 inch.I was worried about getting the 3200 9.5 inch Vigilante stall converter and from a stop or roll have to deal with major traction issues.My 12 inch 3000 stock modified really works well but I have to build boost in order for the car to have that hard hitting type of Torque.From a roll it also does not spool real quick.

real99,i have run both set of 275's but i have not ran the 275-50-15 on the 8 inch.i'm sorry i can't offer help there and i don't like to speculate,perhaps someone else could help?i put in the long wheel studs and just added spacers so i could make certain sizes work;)

real99,i had the same concerns when the 10 inch was recommended to me.at the time i felt the tire combo i had was at it's limit without blowing the tire away on the street i was shocked that the 10inch didn't do that.more often a car that slips more initially accelerates faster than one that would lockup earlier and spin the tire.that's what happend in my case.,and that's what i mean by shocking the tires.i believe in the better converters.

real99,i have run both set of 275's but i have not ran the 275-50-15 on the 8 inch.i'm sorry i can't offer help there and i don't like to speculate,perhaps someone else could help?i put in the long wheel studs and just added spacers so i could make certain sizes work;)

I do have the long wheel studs as well so I could get away with using a wider tire I guess.

real99,i had the same concerns when the 10 inch was recommended to me.at the time i felt the tire combo i had was at it's limit without blowing the tire away on the street i was shocked that the 10inch didn't do that.more often a car that slips more initially accelerates faster than one that would lockup earlier and spin the tire.that's what happend in my case.,and that's what i mean by shocking the tires.i believe in the better converters.

Precision reccomended that with my PTE-44 Turbo that the single disc 9.5 inch 3200 stall converter would be the best combination for my set up.Although I have a stock block I have race heads,matched ported intake,front mount intercooler.Im sure I could step up to a PTE-60 later on.I had a bigger turbo on before and it sucked on the street big time.The only 2 turbo's I would use on my car are the Ta-49 a bit small for my application,the PTE-44 and the PTE-60.Also with my 3.73 gears, the 28 inch tall tire seems to be a perfect match when I decide on a new stall converter.

real99,i didn't think there was much difference between the 60 and the 44?how big did you go to get the car lazy?the 9 inch converter should wake that car up nicely,you may need the sidewall on the 28 inch:rolleyes:

real99,i didn't think there was much difference between the 60 and the 44?how big did you go to get the car lazy?the 9 inch converter should wake that car up nicely,you may need the sidewall on the 28 inch:rolleyes:

Well I think part of my problem is this.First of all that bigger Turbo was a 60-1 that just had bad street manners.I was shocked when I bought the PTE-44 and launched at 3lbs boost on the street.It was a blast.When I had the 60-1 Turbo installed I had a wastegate or deltagate near the middle of my crosspipe underneath my car.Alot of people have told me thats the reason why your car does not spool that fast because the wastegate is so far away from the Turbo.I was told to go with the Terry Houston downpipe and have the wastegate right near the Turbo like the stocker's did.I can't even adjust boost without getting underneath the car and turning a screw.Most Turbo experts tell me that's an old turbo type set up which it is.I have had that same set up for close to 13 years.The TE-60 Turbo of course is not the same as the 60-1 Turbo.I would like to get the best out of my PTE-44 before doing any thing else.When you say I might need the sidewall on the 28 inch are you talking about it rubbing against the frame because it sure looks as close as it gets especially if the car shifts around corner's.To me it looks like 1 inch clearance to the frame.:rolleyes: