Benefits of one piece spoiler?

karolko

I see a lot of the TSO guys running the larger 1 piece spoilers on there cars.

Is there a specific benefit to this, and if so, what is it?

Everytime i look at them i think to myself that this is a windblock and not aerodynamically helpful.

I'd love it if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

I see a lot of the TSO guys running the larger 1 piece spoilers on there cars.

Is there a specific benefit to this, and if so, what is it?

Everytime i look at them i think to myself that this is a windblock and not aerodynamically helpful.

I'd love it if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks in advance

Adrian
I'm not sure, but I'd like to guess it might help keep the air from riding under the front of the car at 150 MPH. I know at high speed my car feels like it's floating up front. Scary:nailbiting:

Spoiler or air dam? Keep in mind, the spoiler is on the back of the trunk. We do have both, one piece spoilers and one piece air dams.
As far as aerodynamics, I'm sure that the air dam is far more important than the spoiler.

i mean the airdam up front.

So is the 1 piece airdam significantly better to have than the stock 2 piece?

would it also help scavenge hot air out of the engine bay, or is it too far forward for it to work in that regards.

i mean the airdam up front.

So is the 1 piece airdam significantly better to have than the stock 2 piece?

would it also help scavenge hot air out of the engine bay, or is it too far forward for it to work in that regards.
Could be that the guys who have them all have front mounts and don't need the gap in the air dam and simply just like the way it looks. I do. And I would have one also, but I use that space for my trans / oil cooler.

I can see the front air dam helping keep the car down if it had an angle to it so as to force the front end down.

Other than that the one piece are more for looks and don’t provide much down force.

Spoolfool should design a tastefully looking one piece front airdam with fins or something to force the air down.

I’m sure it would help cool the engine bay as well and would probably work best with functioning Gnx vents.

D

I think the air dams make air go around the front end and keep the air from getting under the car and flipping it over backwards.
I've read in the GS-Xtra years ago that before adding the ground effects the G-Body NASCARS would go airborne at around 155MPH.