Autofair - Important - Please Read

NCTyphoon

Okay gang,
The forecast for this upcoming weekend is not cooperating. Hurricane Hanna may impact at least some of our members drastically. First off, I DO NOT want anyone to feel like they must thread through hurricane / tropical storm winds, tornadoes and flooding rain to get there. Everyone needs to take a good look at their own situation and do what is best for them & their families. Do not put yourself at risk under any circumstances.
Depending on where the hurricane goes, some may be impacted while others may not. If you live in a clear area, be sure to see where the hurricane is going, as it may affect others who are going to the show, or even the Charlotte area (I remember Hugo all too well).
Due to the forecast as it is now, breakfast meet up will be McDonald's around 6:45 - 7:30am .
Some of you who live farther out have been mailed passes, some of you do not have passes. I am going to make EVERY effort to be there at Ruby Tuesday parking lot at 7am, but of course if the storm takes a path such as Hurricane Fran did several years back, and has the same intensity that may not be possible.
If we end up being a no show club or low turnout because of weather, that's just the way it is, and if we end up not getting invited back so be it. We have to do what is safe for our own situation
Another note, we are not in the tunnel this time, so we will be exposed to the elements. Pat is going to try to get a easy up canopy, and if anyone else has one they can bring it would definitely be welcomed!
If you are not able to make to the meet up at Ruby Tuesday, and it clears up later in the morning, come on out. You should not need your passes to get to our location, only need then to stay parked there! Our location is along the side road that goes around the grandstands toward Gate 7. If you come straight into the speedway, follow the side road to the right, we will be to the right of the blue Smith Tower parking lot, on the left side of the side road, on the backside of the grassy area beside it. There is a paved service road just behind us that goes under the grandstand tunnel area. (There are restroom facilites & parking lot almost across from us)
If anyone needs to call me, my HOME # is 336-431-8295. Korey's cell is 336-848-5713 if anyone needs to call Saturday morning after 5:30am
So, everyone be safe, do what you need to do , and hope the hurricane heads for Bermuda instead!
Cheryl

Thanks for posting that Cherly!

I am worried, it could hit us as a Cat 2! We have some beach property so I know where I will be this week:eek:

Thanks for posting that Cherly!

I am worried, it could hit us as a Cat 2! We have some beach property so I know where I will be this week:eek:

Shane, board it up and be ready just in case. Been awhile since NC/SC has had a good hurricane hit, this or one of the others behind Hanna (like 5 storms in the Atlantic!) could be the big one. People seem to get too complacent when one hasn't gone through for a few years

Well, my drive to Charlotte area today & then "display" early tomorrow a.m. is now suffering a setback (Hanna, of course). :mad: As I'm only 3 mi from Ocean in NMyrBch area I must stick-around for my wait-n-see--until tomorrow mid-morning as a minimum...

If at all possible, I'll bail out of here mid/late-morning & go straight to track (y'all should have a decent weekend there). Of course, any damage or loss of power/ or water here--all bets are off.

I dug-out my port generator, "lit it up" & have adequate fuel supply--so I've got that going for me:D

Cheryl, Randy, etc.--Assuming decent weather there, about how long will "displayers" be hanging around??--perhaps I can help tear-down camp.:D [You'll recognize me as the dirtiest car--for sure.]

Monte

Monte.
I totally understand your situation! I was talking about it last night to Pat. Good thing I don't have photoshop on my computer, I would post a pic of your car with a parasail on it, for you to blow up to Charlotte, lol!
Since the track has changed so has our forecast here, calling for more rain instead of less now:( Do whatever you need to do & don't try to drive unless it has cleared out of your area. We'll probably be there until at least 4-4:30, perhaps longer. Till we get either too tired or too wet:eek:

Eyup, unless forecast is decent there for both Sat & Sun also (take my buddy, in wheel chair, to Corvair/ NC CORSA "show/display"). They do gather for both days--but I usually do TurboBuicks thing Sat & do Corvair thing w/him on Sun. If weather iffy for Sun, then he said just "fergetaboutit"--not that "BIG-a-deal". We certainly agreed on that!

I'll give you a ringy-dingy on Korey's cell as/if I'm on-the-road headed your way Sat...(don't put my steak on the grille until you hear from me :rolleyes: )

[I did move the GN out of its normal resting-space (driveway, next to BIG pines) & into neighbor's garage (they're out-of-town).] :D

Monte

Both weathertap (80%) and weather.com (60%) are calling for rain untill 3:00-3:30 tomorrow. Bummer. Anybody got wipers I can borrow?

BTS

Scott, With any luck we'll have at least 1-2 canopies/tents. Don't have extra wipers, hey wait...you live close enough to not have to worry too much about wipers!